Dux-de-Lux RounDUp 2006 - The Final
Dux-de-Lux RounDUp 2006- The Final
This Saturday, one lucky lucky band will win a prize pack worth over 250 million (Zimbabwean) dollars. AND their name will be on the Midget Guitar of Glory! This can only be the Dux-de-Lux RounDUp 2006 Final!
The finalists have been selected, the oversize cheque has been printed, Judges have gone into hiding from the media and the smoke machine has been booked. The Dux-de-Lux is ready for the biggest night of the year.
The Finalists for September the 23rd at the Dux-de-Lux:
8:30 pm The Delorians
9.05 pm Mustard
9.40 pm Black Market Art
10.15 pm The Transistors
10.50 pm The Tiger Tones
Check out www.rdu.org.nz for the website and myspace pages of all of the semi-finalists of the Du-de-Lux RounDUp 2006.
RDU is also proud to announce the Judges for the 2006 final. This year, like all the semi-finals, we have an even stronger RDU presence on the panel.
- RDU’s Programme Director, Pip Algie brings her “golden ears” to the panel (which won’t mean that she will be judging with her eyes closed)
- James Meharry is RDU’s sales and advertising hound and Creative Director of Fabel - Christchurch based label and event promoter.
James brings to the panel the experience of life as a Drum&Bass youth.
- Cath Anderson – The General Manager of the NZ Music Industry Commission brings a wealth of industry experience to the 06 panel.
- Stephen McCarthy- Semi-professional footballer with Ferrymead Bays and member of Pine as well as being involved in Arch Hill Records. Stephen is the musician on the panel.
- Hat is RDU’s Station Manager and is there to count the votes
And finally, thanks to all of our sponsors and supporters who make the Duxde- Lux RounDUp happen. We love The Dux, Gorilla Pictures, Media Technology, Avalanche Studios, Phantom Billstickers, CPH, Rip It Up, PrintMax, the University of Canterbury Students Association, She’ll be Right Records, Matthew Joseph (photographer), NZ Musician and Coastal Print.