National Māori Writers Hui, 6-8 October
Tēnā ano koutou e hika mā
He whakapā noa iho ki a koutou ki ngā kaupapa o Te Hā me Ngā Pou Kaituhi Māori mo te hui e whai ake nei hei te 6-8 Oketopa i Poneke.
Just to inform you again on behalf of Te Hā and Ngā Pou Kaituhi Māori (two of the 10 Art Form committees from Toi Māori) of the National Māori Writers Hui being held in Wellington on the 6-8 October at the Mecure Hotel in Willis Street.
The line up includes:
Key note speakers: Witi Ihimaera, Professor Hirini Moko Mead, Bill Manhire
One will be delivered by Victoria University Press, Reed Publishers and Huia Publishers. This will be chaired by Garry Nicholas, General Manager of Toi Maori Aotearoa.
The other will be delivered by Learning Media Group and Totika Publications (I roto I te reo Maori). This will be chaired by Haami Piripi CEO of Te Taura Whiri I Te Reo Maori.
1) James George (fiction) Catherine Fitzgerald (film) Learning Media (writing I roto I te reo)
2) Rim D Paul (composition) Apirana Taylor (Poetry) Joe Harawira (Story Telling)
- ‘On The Bus’ performance by James George, Hera Taute, Apirana Taylor and others
- The band ‘Aotearoa’ led by Ngahiwi Apanui
- Performances by Wai (Mina Ripia) and her crew
The MC for the whole programme is Wharehoka Wano.
For more info and registration see... http://www.maoriart.org.nz