Real Warfare, Modern Weapons – SOCOM Blasts Back
For Immediate Release
Real Warfare, Modern Day Weapons – SOCOM Blasts Back
- Million plus selling franchise returns to PSP and PlayStation 2
- Play with up to 16 fellow SEALs anywhere in the world on PSP
- Take on the challenge of leading a team of SEALs into battle
Friday, November 3 2006: You’re behind enemy lines, the darkness is fast approaching, the enemy is everywhere and you are in charge of a team of U.S. Navy SEALs - and expected to accomplish your mission…with minimal casualties. Not really something you would like to experience in real-life? Well, SCENZ is pleased to confirm that the award winning SOCOM franchise is back on both PSP (PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®2 so you can now experience modern day warfare from the comfort of your own home or the journey into work.
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault (CA) and SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2 (FTB2) arrive on PS2 and PSP in February 2007. Developed by Zipper Interactive, part of Sony Computer Entertainment’s Worldwide Studios, the latest versions of this successful franchise take SOCOM to a whole new level in military gaming.
Set in the fictional country of Adjikistan, it is your job to lead a team of crack Navy SEALs against the enemy forces that are operating throughout the country. These new and improved versions of SOCOM feature crosstalk functionality which means the progress in one game can have dramatic effects on the progression of the other. But this is just one of the new features to come to the franchise; others include:
SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2 & SOCOM Combined Assault; key features:
* Play with up to 16 other people (anywhere in the world) through the PSP Infrastructure mode (FTB2 only)
* More than 40 authentic weapons and equipment options offer players the ability to customise their experience
* Command your team in 14 different missions with detailed plots and varied mission objectives
* Command Equity System provides rewards for how well core aspects of a mission are completed, while Local Influence rewards those who help local causes and limit civilian casualties. Use them to gain access to new weapons, equipment, intelligence, air-strikes and local support
* Combine with friends and take on the entire single player campaign in the all-new four player online cooperative mode (CA only)
* Become a true leader of men with the new and improved voice command technology across both versions of the game
Utilising PSP technology through the Infrastructure mode, which allows military fans to play with up to 16 others anywhere in the world, FTB2 also combines excellent graphics and gameplay and is ideally suited to the pick up and play nature of PSP. And if you want to test your leadership skills and military knowledge then both FTB2 and CA allow you to play as a team, with friends or with strangers from around the world.
So, if you think you have the skills, passion, eye and nerve to lead a team of U.S. NAVY SEALs into a modern-day battle scenario, then look no further than SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo 2 and SOCOM: Combined Assault – available exclusively to PSP and PS2.