Interactive party games top of the list this Xmas
Interactive party games top of the list this Xmas
Xbox 360 has it covered this festive season with its new range of party games and value offers
AUCKLAND 22 November 2007 – Every Christmas there is always a tech gadget that tops the must-have gift list and Xbox predicts that social party games will be the biggest hit this festive season. From interactive trivia games, guitar duels or piñata island parties, there is a game to suit every taste this December.
Tom Hunt, Xbox product marketing manager, Microsoft New Zealand says, “Xbox 360 TM is bringing family and friends together this Christmas whilst blowing the common videogame stereotypes out of the water with our line-up of party games. Gaming has now become a commonplace leisure activity in the home and people are increasingly making lifestyle choices as to whether to play a video game together, sit down and watch a movie or perhaps catch up on a TV programme.”
A few of the social party games to top the Christmas wish list include:
Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action® is a movie trivia game complete with four wireless big button controllers just like in a game show that the whole family can participate in the comfort of your own lounge. With still and video clips from your favourite films it enables teams of up to four to play in head-to-head mode to claim the movie trivia crown.
Viva Piñata®: Party Animals® is an entertaining game full of bright and cuddly piñatas and comes loaded with over 50 mini games. Compete in a massive array of social challenges from battles to races to control the fame, fortune, and destiny of your favourite characters from Viva Piñata. It's party time!
Budding rock stars, crank up that amp with Guitar Hero III®: Legends of Rock from Activision. Dual shred together in co-op career mode or battle against your friends & family to find who the ultimate Guitar Hero® is. With a wireless Gibson Les Paul style Guitar Controller, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock enables you to rock out to over 70 legendary rock anthems of all time without constraint.
But the fun doesn’t stop there. Xbox has given gift buyers this season even more reason for early festive cheer with announcement of the new limited-edition Xbox 360™ Pro Bundle this Christmas:
For a limited time only this Christmas, the Xbox 360 Pro Bundle gets even better with a high-definition* Xbox 360 console, media remote, 20GB hard drive, wireless controller and two complementary games for just $649.95 RRP at participating retailers while stocks last. The bonus games, Forza Motorsport 2 and Viva Piñata, are valued at $169.90 RRP – this great value will keep the whole family entertained.
“With an amazing line up of over 300 games and some bumper Christmas offers in-store, it’s not difficult to see why Xbox 360 is the best-selling next-generation console in New Zealand,” says Hunt. ”It’s perfect for the family and those wanting to jump into high definition gaming at an affordable price.”
Other games in the Xbox 360 blockbuster line-up this Christmas include:
- Mass Effect® (BioWare). An epic science-fiction action and role-playing game, “Mass Effect” delivers an immersive, story-driven experience presented in a cinematic style with high production values. Available 22 November, only on Xbox 360.
- Halo® 3 (Bungie Studios). Halo 3 is the conclusion to the epic trilogy and picks up where Halo 2 left off, answering questions around the fates of the beloved protagonist Master Chief and his artificial intelligence sidekick Cortana as they struggle to save humankind from destruction at the hands of the alien coalition known as the Covenant. In addition to the rich storyline, Halo 3 continues the franchise’s grand tradition of delivering innovative online multiplayer experiences via Xbox LIVE®. Available now, only on Xbox 360
- Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft). Assassin’s Creed is the next-generation game developed by Ubisoft Montreal, merging the latest in games technology with ground-breaking gameplay and a compelling story. The game follows master assassin Altair's mission to end the Third Crusade, and is one of the most anticipated games of 2007. Available now.
- Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™ (Activision). The new action-thriller from the award-winning team at Infinity Ward, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare delivers an intense and cinematic action experience. The epic title also delivers an added depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new community of persistence, addictive and customisable gameplay. Available now.
- Crash of the Titans (Sierra). In Crash of the Titans, you must confront a nefarious plot hatched by Crash Bandicoot's arch nemeses Neo and Nina Cortex to mutate the local creatures into titanic abominations. Using Crash's legendary mix of outrageous antics and daredevil bravado, ‘hijack’ enemies to take control of their action, and use their fearsome powers against those who would stop Crash. Available now.
- WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 (THQ). WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 lets players develop the WWE Superstars of today into the legends of tomorrow. The #1 wrestling franchise in the world delivers more depth and strategy with prominent new features, key annual enhancements and incredible graphics while making its much-anticipated debut. Available now.
More information on the complete line up of games can be found at www.xbox.co.nz