Xbox 360 introduces new features and enhancements
Xbox 360 introduces new features and console enhancements
with the 2007 “Fall” Dashboard Update
System update hits connected consoles worldwide on 4 December;
Xbox Originals, Family Timer and more available through download
AUCKLAND 3 December 2007 – From tomorrow night, Xbox 360TM consoles owners will be able to enjoy a host of new features and enhancements to the leading next-generation gaming and entertainment system. Beginning at 9:00 p.m. EST 4 December (5.00 p.m. NZT 5 December), the complimentary Xbox 360 “Fall” Dashboard Update will be available for all connected Xbox 360 consoles.
Among the key new enhancements are the Xbox® Originals game download service, Family Timer parental control feature, and expanded social networking experiences. Xbox 360 owners can also look forward to enhanced navigation, profile and video features and Xbox LIVE® Arcade Hits.
This update will be digitally distributed over Xbox LIVE to the more than 8 million Xbox LIVE members worldwide (Xbox LIVE Silver and Gold) with no disc or hard drive required. Gamers without an Xbox LIVE account can easily sign up for the network by connecting their console to a broadband internet connection. New features and enhancements include:
- Xbox Originals – With this new service consumers can download-to-own full original Xbox games that were previously only available at retail. The digital shelves will always be stocked with classic titles, such as Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, Crimson Skies®: High Road to Revenge, Halo®, Fable, Fuzion Frenzy®, Psychonauts and more as the catalogue grows over time, at 1200 Microsoft Points per game.
- Xbox LIVE Arcade Hits – On Xbox LIVE Arcade, the Arcade Hits program kicks off where some of the best selling Xbox LIVE Arcade games will become available at permanently reduced prices, making it easier than ever for everyone to build a library of downloadable games. The first games to become Arcade Hits will be Bankshot Billiards® 2 and Lumines LIVE, which will be available for 800 Microsoft Points each, and Marble Blast Ultra, Small Arms and Zuma Deluxe, which will be available for 400 Microsoft Points each. With free trial downloads for every game and over 100 games to choose from, Xbox LIVE Arcade offers something for every member of the family.
NEW WAYS TO KEEP UP TO DATE AND
- Inside Xbox* – A new direct feed brings current news straight from Xbox.com into the Xbox LIVE Dashboard providing members an easy, accessible entry point where they can discover what's new in: game releases, events, and Xbox LIVE Marketplace offers.
- Enhanced online profile – Members interested in sharing a few more details about themselves will have the option to go beyond their motto and further personalise their profile with an expanded bio. The extended bios will be visible to “Friends Only” or the entire Xbox LIVE community.
- Expanded Friends List access – A quick and easy way for gamers to expand their personal community on Xbox LIVE, members will be able to see the Friends Lists of other Xbox LIVE members, boosting their social networking experience on the service.
ENHANCED OVERALL EXPERIENCE AND
- Enhanced Parental Controls – Family Timer, a strong and flexible new addition to the Xbox 360 Family Settings, enables parents to set the amount of time their Xbox 360 can be used on a per-day or per-week basis by their children or other members of the household.
- New video features – The convenience of full-screen movie previews and enhanced video codec support further expand the options when it comes to the Xbox 360 entertainment experience.
- Easy-to-use navigation features – With several noteworthy changes in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard, from the new Game Store button to the Video Store button to enhanced visuals and descriptions in the video library, Xbox LIVE members can find what they want, when they want it.
These features are just some of the new enhancements Xbox 360 owners can expect as part of the “Fall” Dashboard Update. On 4 December a list of all the new features and improvements will be posted at: www.xbox.com/en-NZ/live/