Pecha Kucha Night comes to Christchurch
Don't miss the first Pecha Kucha Night in Christchurch this week.
Thursday 29 May 2008
Start 8.20pm / doors open 7.30pm
Corner Manchester and Lichfield Streets
Underneath Ishimoto, #6 SOL Square
Tickets on the door
The first Pecha Kucha Night in Christchurch is coming up. Already running successfully in Auckland, Wellington, and 121 other cities around the globe, Pecha Kucha is now coming regularly to Christchurch.
Pecha Kucha—which originated in Tokyo—is a unique, rapid-fire format in which each speaker shows 20 images, each for 20 seconds. With each presentation lasting just 6 minutes and 40 seconds, the audience experiences an exhilarating variety of ideas and projects.
If you have no idea what Pecha Kucha is about, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecha_Kucha.
Here is the list of confirmed speakers:
• John Chrisstoffels // Filmmaker and Lecturer in Film, University of Canterbury // about his recent MFA—Flight and Cinema
• Jared Davidson & Zoe Thompson-Moore // Designer & Artist // on the challenges and opportunities they face developing and sustaining a creative practice in Christchurch
• Jessica Halliday // Architectural Historian // about Brutalism
• Luka Hinse // Designer // about Pecha Kucha, fast bikes and Chess-Boxing
• Dean MacKenzie // Photographer // about his work
• Pippa Makgill // Artist // about the concept of 'Post-institution'
• Nik Mavromatis // Chef // about using molecular gastronomy to create new tastes
• Jason Mill // Starchitect // from modest beginnings to world domination
• Bruce Russell // Sound Artist // about his current projects
Also check our website for updates http://www.pechakucha.co.nz.
If you want to be a presenter at one of our next Pecha Kucha Nights, please send an email with the subject "Pecha Kucha Night Presenters" to curators[at]pechakucha.co.nz.
Pecha Kucha Night is non profit and is now running in 124 cities globally, find a location and join the conversation: Amsterdam, Atlanta, Auckland, Austin, Bangalore, Bangkok, Barcelona, Beijing, Beirut, Belfast, Belgrade, Berlin, Bern, Bogota, Boston, Bratislava, Brisbane, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Buffalo, Canberra, Cape Town, Caracas, Catania, Chicago, Christchurch, Cologne, Columbus,Copenhagen, Delhi, Denver, Detroit, Dortmund, Dubai, Dublin, Edinburgh, Edmonton, Eindhoven, El Paso, Frankfurt, Ghent, Glasgow, Gothenburg, Groningen, Hamamatsu, Hamburg, Helsinki, Hobart, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Indianapolis, Istanbul, Jacksonville , Kaiserslautern, Kansas City, Kolding, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, Linz, Lisbon, Ljubljana, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mallorca, Malmö, Manchester, Manila, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Miami, Milan, Milwaukee, Montreal, Munich, Nagano, Nancy, New York, Newcastle, Oslo, Paris, Perth, Phoenix, Portland, Maine, Portland Oregon, Porto Alegre, Prague, Riga, Rotterdam, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, San Luis Obispo, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Schiedam, Seattle, Seoul, Seville, Shanghai, Singapore, Sophia Antipolis, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Sydney, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tijuana, Tokyo, Toronto, Treviso, Trieste, Tromsø, Turin, Udine, Vancouver, Venice, Vienna, Washington DC, Wellington, Zilina, Zürich.
Pecha Kucha Night is for content and not profit. As always, thank you for your support._
Pecha Kucha is fun, fast, information. Please pass on this mail and let your contacts around the country know about it.