Art & Entertainment | Book Reviews | Education | Entertainment Video | Health | Lifestyle | Sport | Sport Video | Search

 

MyLotto Player Gets Massive Shock

Media release

MyLotto Player Gets Massive Shock

A MyLotto player from Hawkes Bay got a massive shock when they went online to check their ticket last night and found they had won more than $2.8 million on Big Wednesday.

This is the first First Division prize sold by NZ Lotteries' online sales channel since it was launched on 26 May.

The young winner, aged in their twenties, decided to check their Big Wednesday ticket at 9.30 pm after the Big Wednesday draw.

"I could not believe it when I saw all my numbers were circled. I actually said to the computer "you cannot be serious" and tapped the screen to make sure it was all real.

"I then contacted my parents who initially did not believe it either. None of us got much sleep last night.

"I don't normally buy Big Wednesday tickets but buying online was fast and easy for me.

"I never thought that I would be able to buy a house in my twenties or be able to travel overseas when I liked. But now all these things are possible," the winner said.

The lucky winner had covered head and tails on their MyLotto ticket so they won the First Division prize package of $2 million, the Aston Martin, the Audi Q7, and a $250,000 American Express Platinum card, plus the second division prize of $275,845.

NZ Lotteries' Chief Executive Todd McLeay said that this the second time in two weeks that Big Wednesday's First Division has been struck - with a Christchurch family recently taking home a $4.7 million luxury prize package.

"Big Wednesday has already made several New Zealanders millionaires this financial year with its First Division being struck a huge twelve times since July 2007.

"MyLotto has also proved a hit with players since its launch with more than 20,000 people now registered for the online sales channel," Todd McLeay said.


Ends

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Culture Headlines | Health Headlines | Education Headlines

 
Kakī: World’s Rarest Wading Bird Released In Mackenzie Basin

Conservation Minister Maggie Barry says the birds will add to the 60 released into the Tasman valley earlier this month, significantly boosting the wild population. More>>

ALSO:

IHC Tribute: Colin Meads

"While Colin is best known for rugby, to us he is one of a small number of distinguished IHC New Zealand Life Members recognised for their significant support for people with intellectual disabilities," says IHC Chief Executive Ralph Jones. More>>

ALSO:

Howard Davis Review: Tilting at Turbines - The Trip to Spain

Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have now both broken the Big Fifty barrier, which seems to have brought a whole new level of angst to their midlife adventures ... More>>

Review: A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet

The Royal New Zealand Ballet has accepted the challenge of this heart-touching tragedy and largely succeeded. More>>

ALSO:

NZ's First Male IAAF Gold: Tom Walsh's Historic Shot Put Victory

Although feeling very sore but with a great feeling Tom Walsh took his place as number one on the victory dais to receive his much deserved gold medal. More>>

ALSO:

Scoop Review Of Books: Q&A: Hard To Find Books

"Unfortunately we are in crisis and this friendly dinosaur faces extinction… Our only hope is to try and raise funds to buy the building and restore it to its glory, either fully funded or with a viable deposit." More>>

 
 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • CULTURE
  • HEALTH
  • EDUCATION
 
 
  • Wellington
  • Christchurch
  • Auckland