Is this NZ's first ever Million Dollar Dress?
YOU’RE LOOKING LIKE A MILLION BUCKS, AMBER
Security at SKYCITY will be on high alert tomorrow evening when Amber Peebles steps out in a dress worth $1 million to mark this week’s inaugural SKYCITY Festival of Poker.
The dress, which has been specially created for the event and will only be worn once, will feature two hundred SKYCITY Casino chips worth $5000 each and weigh more than two kilograms. Amber will have her own personal security detail while she wears the dress.
It will be unveiled at the Lee Nelson and Brooke Howard-Smith Celebrity & Media Invitational poker tournament, being held as part of the SKYCITY Festival of Poker.
Amber Peebles says: “When SKYCITY first pitched me on the idea of the Million Dollar Chip Dress I thought it was very Paris Hilton, but how many times does a girl get to wear a million bucks?
“When I saw the dress and how much trouble they’d gone to, I thought it looked really amazing. I just hope I don’t get stolen and that I’ve got strapping security lads!”
About the SKYCITY Festival of Poker
The inaugural SKYCITY Festival of Poker runs from October 4 to 12 and will aim to offer a $1 million prize pool, the largest ever in New Zealand, with hundreds of players expected to enter over the tournament period.
For information on how you can take on the world’s best poker players, the tournament schedule and online registration for events; visit www.festivalofpoker.co.nz or call 0800 SKYCITY.
The following world class poker stars are arriving over the next couple of days to play in the Main Event starting on Thursday:
• Joe Hachem, 2005 World Series of Poker Champion
• Lee Nelson, 2006 Aussie Millions Champion and Celebrity Joker Poker co-host
• Chris Moneymaker, 2003 World Series of Poker Champion (first appearance in NZ)
• Greg Raymer, 2004 World Series of Poker Champion (first appearance in NZ)
• Grant Levy, 2007 PokerStars.net APPT Sydney Grand Final Champion
• Eric Assadourian, 2007 PokerStars.net APPT Macau High Roller Champion & 2007 NZ Poker Champs winner
• Emad Tahtouh, 2006 PokerStars EPT London 2nd Place and noted Australian player
The week-long event sees SKYCITY Auckland Casino transformed into a poker player’s paradise, with single and multi-table satellite tournaments culminating in a three-day main event.