“Halo Wars” Limited Collector’s Edition pre-order
Take Command! Highly anticipated Xbox 360 exclusive “Halo Wars” Limited Collector’s Edition available for pre-order
Standard and Limited Collector’s Edition versions of “Halo Wars” arrive at retailers worldwide February 2009
Microsoft Game Studios and Ensemble Studios have announced that the much-anticipated strategy game “Halo Wars” will be landing at retailers worldwide this February in both a standard and Limited Collector’s Edition format. Taking the “Halo” battle beyond the first person, “Halo Wars” puts players in command of the battlefield and combines the intensity of “Halo” with a riveting new story that precedes the events of “Halo: Combat Evolved.”
Developed by Ensemble Studios, the creators of the critically-acclaimed “Age of Empires” series, “Halo Wars” was designed specifically for Xbox 360 and brings a genre that has typically thrived on the PC seamlessly to consoles. From specialised controls to redesigned resource management and unit command, “Halo Wars” will give players the fluid strategy experience they’ve been waiting for on a console.
In addition to the standard retail version, “Halo Wars” will be offered in a Limited Collector’s Edition through participating retailers and will feature:
• Three New “Halo 3” Multiplayer Maps – Be one of the first to experience the Mythic Map Pack from Bungie which includes three new maps, “Assembly,” “Orbital” and “Sandbox”
• Halo Wars: Genesis – a beautiful graphic novel by Phil Noto, Graeme Devine and Eric Nylund chronicling the first military campaign against the Covenant. The novel centers around the Sprit of Fire on a mission to discover why the Covenant are so interested in the world of Harvest
• Unique In-game Vehicle – “Honor Guard” Wraith
• Six Leader Cards – Leaders possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle
• Spirit of Fire Patch – Start the journey as an official Spirit of Fire crew member
The standard edition of “Halo Wars” will have a recommended retail price (RRP*) of $99.95 and the Limited Collector’s Edition will retail for $119.95 (RRP*). Halo Wars has yet to be rated by the Australian Classifications Board
* Recommended retailer prices. Only at participating retailers. The price consumers actually pay will be determined by the retailer.
About Microsoft Game Studios
Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for the Xbox and Xbox 360 video game systems, the Windows operating system and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to creating innovative and diverse games for Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/games), including such franchises as “Age of Empires,” “Flight Simulator” and “Zoo Tycoon”; Xbox and Xbox 360 (http://www.xbox.com), including such games as “Gears of War” and franchises such as “Halo,” “Fable,” “Project Gotham Racing” and “Forza Motorsport”; and MSN Games (http://www.games.msn.com), the official games channel for the MSN network and home to such hits as “Bejeweled” and “Hexic.”
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier video game and entertainment system. It is home to the best and broadest games. The digital center of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content, including personal pictures and music, with a unified online social network to create an entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/xbox360.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realise their full potential.