30 Minutes In, SA Went From Outsider To Favourite
WACA UPDATE///WACA UPDATE///
ATTN SPORTS DESKS////SPORTS DESKS///
1ST TEST/////1ST TEST////1ST TEST///
CENTREBET TEST UPDATE//////CENTREBET TEST LEAD/////
DEC 17, 2008
30 MINUTES INTO DAY 1, STH AFRICA WENT FROM $3.70 OUTSIDER TO $2.15 FAVOURITE!
* Australia tumbled out from $2.00 FAV to $2.40 when Ricky Ponting went first ball, and the home side slumped to 2 for 14. At the same time Sth Africa shortened from an opening $3.70 into $2.65!
* Then when Michael Hussey went for a duck, and Australia was 3 for 15, the Proteas roared into $2.15 favourite, with Australia blowing to $2.65 - and the Draw out to $4.75!
* But punters still snapped up $2.65 and pushed Australia back into $2.45, with Sth Africa settling a $2.25 favourite!
* Three overs later they were $2.35 equal favourites. Despite Australia's horrendous start, most punters still believed they would somehow still win the match!
LEAD-UP TO BALL 1
* Australia had been swamped by punters in the hours leading up to the start of the frist Test at the WACA, with nearly $50,000.00 in wagers taken on Centrebet in the final 18 hours!
Evans said Ricky Ponting's team had been heavily backed from $2.08 into $2.00 in that time, commanding around 68 per cent of a near $200,000.00 outright hold!
"After the money had gone virtually dollar for dollar in the past week, all of a sudden punters decided Australia still have the Proteas' measure at Test level. They must have been shuddering in their boots around the country when the first three wickets went down in the first half hour," Evans said.
Sth Africa drifted from $3.15 out to $3.70 in the final 24 hours leading up to the start of play. "There was also good money for the Draw - $4.15 down to $3.75!
FOR ALL THE MARKETS & OPTIONS GO TO www.centrebet.com CRICKET