Upstairs Art Gallery Updates
WE’RE OPEN LATE!
They’re lighting up New Lynn on Friday night – so
Image: Tracy Stephen
On Friday 30th they’re putting up a 27ft Christmas Tree on the corner of Totara Ave and Great North Road (under the clock) – and the LIGHTS go on between 7-9pm. There’s entertainment from 7pm, spot prizes and giveaways – and the man himself…. SANTA ARRIVES AT 8:30pm.
WE’RE OPEN LATE! …
The Upstairs Art
Gallery will be open along with all the surrounding
restaurants, so you can pop down for dinner, be entertained,
and make an early start on your Christmas shopping by
getting your ‘gifts of
And We're Open On Saturday too ...
The New Lynn Santa Parade is also this Saturday. Santa will be available underneath the big Christmas tree - and you can pop in and see us on that day too!
/ Our 2012 Christmas Show
Open until 3pm Saturday, 15th December. The gallery is full of gorgeous work by over 50 of our talented member-Artists. We have paintings in every medium, photography, ceramics, sculpture, jewellery, textiles and much, much more. Pricing ranges from $14 to $300. There’s nothing over $300! Don’t forget – if you are a member, you get 10% discount on any of your purchases.
Our 2012 Christmas Show …
Celebrating Christmas With Our
Image: Arne Loot
Last chance to let me know if you are coming along to our Christmas get-together on Tuesday 4th December.
We’re eating at MIX MOON at 6pm, and then on to the Titirangi Theatre in Portage Road for the 8pm show ‘THE MOUSETRAP’ at their new location. There’s a $20 set menu option from MIX MOON of your choice of Green Curry (Beef, Chicken or Vegetarian) or Basil (Beef, Chicken or Vegetarian) with Ice Cream and Fruit Salad. And Theatre tickets are just $15 if you come along with our group.
I need to book - so email me your order and let me know if you are coming along to one or both – and how many of you there are. Payment is ‘as you arrive’ – to the restaurant, and to the Theatre. If you want to order differently off the MIX MOON menu, you are welcome to.
need your reply by the end of day THURSDAY (tomorrow). Click here to email me NOW.
• Lopdell Gallery’s ‘Make & Cake, Christmas Craft Market’ will be held in Todd Triangle (by the Xmas tree), Totara Avenue, New Lynn on Saturday 8th December from 10-2pm. Quality handmade craft, Children’s craft workshop, and Poetry readings. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The weekly Stock Street Market is held in the New Lynn Social Club on the corner of Great North Road and Stock Street. Open on Saturday’s from 9:30-1pm. Craft, Music and Food. Contact: email@example.com
• The 6th Annual New Zealand Ukulele Festival is on Saturday, Dec 1st 2012 at The Trusts Arena, 65 -67 Central Park Drive. Henderson from 11am - 4 pm. This free, family friendly community event celebrates youth, community and achievement through music. The event has grown rapidly with more than 2,500 young people now performing in the Kiwileles, New Zealand’s unique massed ukulele orchestra (the largest in the world). A diverse crowd of 10,000 people gather for an afternoon of music, competitions, workshops, food, stalls, a parade, competitions, the Great Kiwi Uke Along and thousands of smiles... We hope you can join us for the happiest day on Auckland’s events calendar! Kind regards. Mary Cornish. Chair. New Zealand Ukulele Trust. www.nzukulelefestival.org.nz
• Next Offramp. Tight rhythms, fresh harmonies and lots of groove! Next Offramp vocal group sings an eclectic mix of popular songs, along with some wonderful obscure gems. Performed with plenty of energy and heart, and directed by the dynamic Wendy Moore, you’re guaranteed to be buzzing at the end! (See us on YouTube). A performance of A Cappella at its very best! With special guests. Sunday 2nd December, 4 p.m. Cash bar and snacks in foyer from 3 – 7 p.m. Tapac Theatre, Motions Road, Western Springs. Opposite the Zoo TICKETS: $15 before 28th November from: firstname.lastname@example.org. $20 cash at the door.
• Titirangi Theatre on Portage. Agatha Christie’s Classic Thriller the MOUSETRAP. Directed by Christine Nash. Come and enjoy our first production in our new temporary location.The Mousetrap is Agatha Christie's classic manor murder mystery. Directed by Christine Nash the cast of characters includes the demanding Mrs Boyle, the flamboyant Christopher, the enigmatic Miss Casewell, the hearty major, the suspicious Mr Paravacini, the bemused young couple - but who gets murdered, and whodunnit?? This iconic piece of theatre is great fun to watch and wonder who may be next! This will be our first production in our new Titirangi Theatre on Portage. Plenty of parking around the back. Until 8 December. Contact: Titirangi Pharmacy 817-7658.
• Christmas Kids Gift Making. Corban Estate Arts Centre invites exceptional people to help children to make a special Christmas gift for their loved ones! Kids Gift Making is an event that helps families by providing an opportunity for children aged between 5– 15 years old to make gifts for their loved ones and share the Christmas spirit by giving something special back to their families. It is also an opportunity for community groups and individuals to come together and share some of their time, energy and resources with children. This Christmas, around 600 children will come through in two sessions, morning or afternoon. We are seeking up to 200 volunteers to assist on the day, helping children to create their gifts. If you are interested in making the difference for a child and volunteer your time in this year’s Kids Gift Making Day you can opt for helping in a: Morning session (9am – 11:30am), Afternoon session (12:30pm – 3pm), Or stay for the full day (Pack up assistance after 3pm is also appreciated). All volunteers will be provided with lunch. Please note that to volunteer you must be 16 years of age or older. Location: Corban Homestead Galleries. 2 Mt Lebanon Lane, Henderson Auckland. Date: Saturday 1 December 2012. Time: 9am - 4pm. Register your interest to volunteer: Find registration form attached. Post, email or fax this form to: Corban Estate Arts Centre, PO Box 21 526, Henderson, Auckland 0650 Email: email@example.com. Find more information on our website www.ceac.org.nz
• Corban Estate Arts Centre, warmly invite you to experience 2013 Summer School. This year brings an array of eleven diverse courses taught by some of the country’s best practitioners in their field as well as some notable international arts practitioners. In addition to spending time in the course of their choice, participants may choose to attend different optional activities such as a brief presentation by the tutors about aspects of their art, an open studio afternoon, a tour around the Wynyard Quarter in Auckland Central and an art exhibition by the tutor/artists of the Summer School 2013. Click here to view a description of the individual classes and more information: http://www.ceac.org.nz/classes-workshops/summer_school_2013.aspx. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Registered …
• The Original Art Sale 2013: Early Bird Registration. We are happy to announce that the registration for The Original Art Sale 2013 (TOAS 2013) is now open! Auckland’s largest art market will be held on 16 to 19 May 2013 at the TelstraClear Pacific Events Centre, home of TOAS 2013. And to give you an added bonus, an Early Bird application fee of $39 will apply to all applications made before Saturday, 15 December 2012. Registration fee will be $49 from 15 December onwards. The collections get better every year, and collectors, buyers and enthusiasts at times know our artists by name. This is a very good sign and it is for this reason we continue to dedicate ourselves in helping develop and providing a venue for artistic talent for the whole of Auckland. The first batch of successful applicants will be announced on or before December 15. This date has been organized so you can immediately start on your artwork without the long wait for application results. You may choose to apply online or send your application via post. Once again, 350 artists from the New Zealand art community will be accepted at this massive three day event. Registration dates are from 1 November 2012 to 15 March 2013. Results for postal applications will be announced on or before 22 March 2013. For updates, follow us on Facebook or visit www.theoriginalartsale.co.nz for details. We are excited for TOAS 2013 and we look forward to your ideas and creations this year! Kind regards, Richard Jeffery. Director. email@example.com
• Click here for object makers selling opportunity. http://www.thebigidea.co.nz/work/jobs-opportunities/design/123425-call-for-object-makers.
• Click here for Otahuhu Recreation Precinct artist opportunity. http://www.thebigidea.co.nz/work/jobs-opportunities/design/123695-call-to-artists
Studio Weekend: Update
• Dear Open Studio Artists. At this time of year Julie Nash, Community Arts Advisor West, is usually getting in touch with you to set up arrangements for the Open Studio weekend, held in March. This year the occasion is on hold as new arrangements for the city’s region wide arts programme are being developed and the event will be assessed as part of the entire city’s arts services. Corban Estate Arts Centre will be holding its own event on March 16 and 17, 2012 and opening its studios as usual, and additional artists may be invited to participate. We appreciate your interest in the event, and the great hospitality you have shown to art lovers through sharing your studios and artwork. Kaye Glamuzina Manager Arts and Culture. Community Development, Arts and Culture. Ph 09 354 2120 Extn (40)2120
For The Kids …
• Art Tuition For Children. Art Point Studio holiday art sessions are now available. Tania Sunde is a professional artist who exhibits regularly and has experience working with young students. Tania expresses her creative talent by sharing her knowledge of painting skills and inspiring painting techniques to each student at Art Point. Tania’s commitment to motivate and nurture young artists to further develop their artistic potential is highly recommended. Bookings Essential on 027-698-4659. Like Art Point Studio On Facebook.
• We are constantly updating our facebook page, but we’re aware that sometimes we drop out of your ‘News Feed’. Please take a moment to check your settings and ensure you are updated with ‘all’ of our news feeds. We don’t want you to miss out.
See you here!