Art & Entertainment | Book Reviews | Education | Entertainment Video | Health | Lifestyle | Sport | Sport Video | Search

 


New iSport team to run Storey in full 2013 BNT V8ST campaign

New iSport team to run Storey in full 2013 BNT V8ST campaign

Single seater ace Dominic Storey has confirmed that he will run the full season of the 2013 BNT V8 SuperTourer series for a brand new team – iSport.

Storey clocked up some mileage in V8 SuperTourers first season with John McIntyre Racing’s second Ford Falcon V8ST and it is this car which iSport has purchased for its 2013 campaign.

Twenty three year old Storey is a former winner of the Formula BMW Scholarship in 2006 with seven podium finishes and since then has impressed with two second place finishes in the New Zealand GP in TRS machinery, and with some stand-out drives in British Formula 3, Formula Renault Europe and in the bigger GP3 and Formula Renault 3.5 machinery.

The Auckland-based team will run the full programme of 2013 event, which starts in a little over two weeks when the first round of the 2013 BNT V8 SuperTourer series blasts off at the Hampton Downs circuit in the North Waikato.

Storey says the iSport team is working flat out to ready the car and the team for the first round, and admits they will need to hit the ground running. Even so, the young ace is optimistic of a strong showing as he and the crew find their feet.

"This has all happened so quickly, iSport was created two weeks ago and we are only two weeks from the first race now, but there’s no question we are on track.

“I am really looking forward to my first full season of V8ST, it's going to be tough but I will give it everything. It’s going to be exciting running our own team and a steep learning curve but it will be a great moment for everyone involved to see the car sitting on the grid for the first race of the season."

You can follow Dominic and the team on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/iSportRacing Tickets for Round 1 are selling quickly, and can be purchased in advance at www.ticketpros.co.nz
ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Culture Headlines | Health Headlines | Education Headlines

 

TV3 Video: Auckland Arts Festival Kicks Off

The Auckland Arts Festival kicks off March 4, with artists from New Zealand and all over the world on show. More>>

ALSO:

Te Matatini: Minister Applauds National Kapa Haka Festival

Education Minister Hekia Parata wishes the best of luck to everyone involved in this week’s national kapa haka festival, Te Matatini, in Christchurch. “Te Matatini showcases the very best of Māori performing arts talent. It’s a celebration of identity, language and culture at the highest level and I’m looking forward to being amongst it,” says Ms Parata. More>>

ALSO:

Kiwi Pride: Accolades For Film About Man Who Falls In Love With A Stick

A short animated film written and directed by New Zealand born Matthew Darragh has been selected for the Courts des îles, International Festival of Short Fiction Films. More>>

ALSO:

Anniversaries: Vivid Memories Four Years After Christchurch Quake

Four years ago, an earthquake that would change the lives of thousands shook Christchurch at 12.51 p.m. More>>

ALSO:

Environment 'n' Conservation: Slash Meets Tāne The Tuatara

Rock and Roll superstar and former Guns 'n' Roses guitarist Slash visited Zealandia Ecosanctuary along with collaborating band Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. More>>

Canterbury Quakes: Feedback Sought On Short-Listed Memorial Designs

Six short-listed designs for the Canterbury Earthquake Memorial have been released for public input... The Memorial will honour the victims of Canterbury’s earthquakes and acknowledge the suffering of all those who lived through them as well as the heroism of those who participated in the rescue and recovery operations. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
Culture
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news