New Zealand’s Sensitive Side Revealed
NEW ZEALAND’S SENSITIVE SIDE
CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY WITH MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE SPOTIFY
• Richard Marx’s Right Here Waiting the most streamed song of all love playlists
• New Valentine’s Playlist Poetry app from Spotify lets users create their own bespoke poems using song titles
• Fellody and Tastebuds – the free apps on Spotify that are ideal for those looking to find their perfect music (and love) match
11th February 2013: Spotify has today revealed Richard Marx’s Right Here Waiting as New Zealand’s most popular love song ahead of Valentine’s Day. The classic track, which was the second single from Marx’s 1989 album Repeat Offender, is the favourite from Spotify users based on streaming figures from ‘love song’ playlists. It narrowly beat Bryan Adams’ Heaven into second place, whilst I Want to Know What Love Is by Foreigner was third.
We’ve compiled the top 25 love songs based on streaming figures from ‘love song’ playlists on Spotify, all in time for Valentine’s Day. Access the playlist here: http://spoti.fi/11OU1kt
The top 10 features a whole host of power ballads from artists famed for getting people in the mood for love…
Here Waiting – Richard Marx
2. Heaven – Bryan Adams
3. I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
4. How Am I Supposed to Live Without You – Michael Bolton
5. It Must Have Been Love – Roxette
6. Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor
7. Endless Love – Diana Ross
8. Make You Feel My Love – Adele
9. The Lady in Red – Chris De Burgh
10. Greatest Love of All – Whitney Houston
The Spotify Playlist Poetry app Spotify has also announced a brand new app in time for Valentine’s Day.The new Spotify Playlist Poetry app gives users the chance to create a bespoke poem for their loved one.
By clicking spotify.com/playlistpoetry, users can search for song titles from Spotify’s catalogue of over 20million+ songs, which they can then piece together to create their own romantic verses. Once they’ve created their poem, users can then share it as a Spotify playlist, sending it to their significant other for free.
Fellody and Tastebuds: Spotify apps to help those looking for love For those looking to find love with fellow music lovers, Spotify has the perfect apps.
• Fellody gives users the chance to flirt, date, chat, go to gigs – anything they like. By dragging and dropping playlists into Fellody users will see a list of other Spotify fans matching their music profile, age and location which they can then get in touch with.
• Tastebuds allows users to find people near them who share their taste in music. By simply scanning their library, users are matched by taste and location. 101 greatest love songs of the last 100 years Spotify has collated its list of the greatest 101 love songs of the last century. Featuring songs from Beyoncé to INXS to Berlin’s Top Gun hit Take My Breath Away, the full list can be found here.
Embedding the playlists online Any of the Valentine’s playlists from Spotify can be embedded online to enhance editorial coverage using the Spotify Play Button. If you need help embedding tracks, albums or playlists please follow the easy-to-use, step-by-step guide on the Spotify blog, found here.
Notes to Editors
About Spotify Spotify is an award-winning digital music service that gives you on-demand access to over 20 million tracks*. Our dream is to make all the world’s music available instantly to everyone, wherever and whenever they want it. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage and share music with your friends, while making sure that artists get a fair deal.
Spotify is available in 17 countries: USA, UK, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia and New Zealand, with more than 20 million active users, and over 5 million paying subscribers.
* Number of tracks licensed globally. Catalogue size varies per market. This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com