‘For Sale’ Signs Go up at The Block NZ Homes
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday 10 October, 2013
‘For Sale’ Signs Go up at The Block NZ Homes
The houses made famous by the second series of hit TV3 show The Block NZ are on the market!
The four properties located on the corner of Lake and Eversleigh Roads in Belmont (Auckland’s North Shore) are being marketed for sale by leading residential real estate agency Bayleys, who will auction them on Wednesday 30 October. The auction will be broadcast LIVE on TV3 as part of the series finale.
After ten weeks of renovation, Alisa and Koan, Pete and Andy, Alice and Caleb, and Loz and Tom, are downing tools for the final time, and preparing their houses for inspection.
Two public open home events will be
held on October 19 and 20, from 10am-2pm, giving fans the
chance to step through the doors of the most talked-about
block in the country. Potential buyers are welcome at the
public open homes, and can also visit www.bayleys.co.nz to
arrange private viewings of the houses.
The sales campaigns continue right up until auction night, when the four houses go under the hammer. Under the rules of the format, each team keeps the profit from the sale of their property on auction night. The team whose property sells at auction for the most over reserve win an extra cash prize of $80,000, and are named this year’s winners of The Block NZ.
Also announced on October 30 is the inaugural People’s Choice Award, decided by public vote. At stake is the All-New Mazda 6; the winners of The People’s Choice Award will keep the car they drove during filming of the hit series.
In 2012 Libby and Ben Crawford walked away with a life-changing $237,000. Who will take crown in 2013?
The Block NZ Open Homes – October 19 & 20, 10am-2pm
* The Block NZ public open home events will
take place on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October, between
* Competing teams Alisa and Koan, Pete and Andy, Alice and Caleb, and Loz and Tom will be on site as their houses are inspected, and producers of The Block NZ will be filming the open homes which feature in the final episodes of the series.
• An Auckland Council traffic management plan will be in place on the open home dates, including a road closure on Eversleigh Road, and TV3 recommends using public transport to travel to the open homes. Free 813 busses, provided by TV3 will be running every 15 minutes between Takapuna and Devonport. Walking and cycling are also good options and a cycle valet provided by Auckland Transport will be onsite. There will be no parking around The Block NZ Open Homes.
• Given Auckland’s unpredictable weather, TV3 recommends bringing sunscreen and wet weather gear.
For full details on the Open Homes visit: tv3.co.nz/theblock
The Block NZ People’s Choice Award – Voting closes on midday October 30
* Viewers still have a chance to reward their
favourite The Block NZ team – voting for the inaugural
People’s Choice Award will remain open until midday on
Wednesday 30 October.
* Fans can vote once per day, for Alisa and Koan, Pete and Andy, Alice and Caleb, or Loz and Tom. At stake is the All-New Mazda 6; the winners of the People’s Choice Award will keep the car they drove while filming the hit series.
* The People’s Choice Award does not affect the winners of The Block NZ, who will again be the team whose property sells for the most over reserve on auction night.
To vote, visit TV3.co.nz/theblock or click the tab at Facebook.com/theblockTV3.
The Block NZ Auction – October 30
* Ten weeks of renovation, relationship
drama, and top ratings will all come down to the October 30
finale, where the The Block NZ houses will be auctioned LIVE
on national television.
* Under the rules of the format, each couple keeps the profit from the sale of their property on auction night. Any house which does not sell on the night remains on the market for a month, and it is still possible for the couple who renovated it to share in any profits.
* The team whose house sells for the most over reserve are crowned the winners of season two of The Block NZ, and take home an extra cash prize of $80,000.
For more information on the sale of the houses, visit: www.bayleys.co.nz
The second series of The Block NZ launched as the #1 show on television in the all-important 25-54 demographic (week 24, 25-54 average rating), and is TV3’s biggest show of 2013 in this demographic. To date, 2.6 million viewers have tuned into the hit series (5+ cume).
The Block NZ is produced by Eyeworks Television for
TV3. Foundation partners are Bunnings Warehouse,
Mazda, and Wild Bean Cafe.
- ends -