febfast happy hour
febfast happy hour
What: febfast will be giving out delicious alcohol-free drinks to celebrate the start of febfast on 1 February.
Where: Wellington Railway Station (under the clock).
When: 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM (or until drinks run out) Friday 31 January.
Who: febfast and Six Barrel Soda
Info: for more information visit the Facebook event
The febfast team have teamed up with Wellington’s Six Barrel Soda to help ease you into 28 days of booze-free bliss by putting on an alcohol-free happy hour.
febfast will be at the Wellington Railway station from 4:30 on Friday 31 Januarygiving out Six Barrel’s delicious beverages and answering questions about the challenge.
People can sign up for free at www.febfast.org.nz
Check out the febfast facebook page at www.facebook.com/febfastnewzealand
• 2014 will be the fourth year the Drug Foundation has run febfast in New Zealand.
• In the three years to date, febfast has raised over $260,000 to help support organisations that assist young New Zealander’s with alcohol and drug issues, and help people better cope with substance abuse in their families.
• In 2013 the money raised from febfast was targeted to the Drug Foundations Get the Msg! (Get the Message) campaign. Currently Get the Msg! is a free drug information service via text messaging. It provides people with credible and factual health and safety information about drugs in a discreet way, wherever they are at any time of day.
• In 2013 we increased our social media presence and helped people to raise more money per person than ever before!
• The money raised in 2012 went towards supporting youth alcohol and other drug services across New Zealand included CareNZ, Evolve, and Odyssey House.
• The money raised in 2014 will go towards developing resources for parents and families who are struggling with alcohol and other drug issues.