SKYCITY Theatre presents LE COMIQUE
New Zealand Comedy Trust & SKYCITY Theatre presents
HOSTED BY MARCEL LUCONT
Comedy is not meant to be by the numbers. Live comedy can evoke different experiences with each and every performance, marking each time as something different and unique, like a snow flake. We can’t explain it – there just has to be a certain je ne sais quoi….
Wait a minute – did someone drop a little French just then? That can only mean one thing; enter the man who’ll ensure your evening is fameux returns again, hosted by the great UK-based French comedian who once crowd-surfed at SKYCITY Theatre, Marcel Lucont. His irreverent French style and off-the-cuff banter will take you on an epic comedic journey – accompanied with live jams and infectious grooves provided by Kai Symthe, Hairy Soul Man & Band (AUS)!
Two hours of comedy
that isn't the norm, Le Comique brings together a
diverse range of curious performances from huge talents this
• Sara Pascoe (UK), a vegan comedian who went on to win an episode of popular BBC quiz show QI by +28 points. She has also featured on Live at The Apollo, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, The Thick of It and the cringe-inducing David Cross series The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.
• Hospital DJ Ivan Brackenbury (Tom Binns – UK) who after his return to the DJ profession at the 2007 Edinburgh Fringe has become the UK comedy circuits “disc jockey of choice” – that is when he’s not cheering up the lives of those at Chesterfield and North Derbyshire Hospital.
• Flashdunce, a brand new work from Jackie Van Beek and Jonny Brugh – the duo who brought the boundary-breaking black comedy My Brother and I are Pornstars to audiences. Directed by Jesse Griffin, Flashdunce is a sketch comedy that is sure to excite audiences.
• 2013 Fred Award nominee James Nokise – the Welsh-Samoan anomaly who has continually been causing a stir within New Zealand’s performing arts scene. Be it his stand-up comedy which takes to task New Zealand’s “gangsta” culture or as a play write covering political satire in his show, PSA, Nokise’s strong track record speaks for itself.
• With more to be announced!
These intriguing, eccentric and very different performers celebrate various comedy styles and mash-ups that will leave you in stitches – that is, after your mind has been blown.
As part of the 2014 NZ International Comedy Festival in cahoots with Old Mout Cider, grab some mates and join us for a great night of laughs from 24 April - 18 May.
For the full Comedy Festival line-up head to comedyfestival.co.nz
Date: Sunday 11th May, 7pm
Venue: SKYCITY Theatre, Level 3, Cnr Wellesley and Hobs Sts, Auckland CBD
Tickets: $39.50 - $45 (booking fees apply)
Bookings: TICKETEK – www.ticketek.co.nz or 0800 TICKETEK
Duration: 2 hours