Auction helps Guide Dog puppies on their mission
The next generation of guide dog puppies will embark on a mission to change the lives of blind or low vision New Zealanders with help from an online charity auction.
The Great Guide Dog Online Auction, organised by leading real estate agency Bayleys, will generate funds for the raising and training of Blind Foundation guide dogs.
Bayleys staff across the country have worked tirelessly to collect around 1000 auction items to be listed on trademe.co.nz starting on May 13. All items will be listed with just a $1 reserve under The Great Guide Dog Online Auction heading.
Among the sought-after listings are holiday and leisure packages, sports goods and memorabilia, event passes, appliances, limited edition artwork, clothing, restaurant vouchers and priceless celebrity encounters.
Big ticket items will be listed throughout the auction and include:
• Barbara Kendall’s own Olympic Torch – one of only three in New Zealand and the only one not held in the Olympic Museum
• Rugby ball signed by the 2013 All Blacks
• The opportunity to design and make your own flavour of Giapo gelato with ice cream chef extraordinaire Gianpaolo Grazioli
• A private tour of the renowned St Matthews-in-the-city bell tower and the chance to ring the bells
• Dinner with Olympic gold medallist and Emirates
Team NZ yachtsman Rob Waddell
and wife Sonia, cooked by Masterchef contestant Cameron Petley and including two night’s accommodation at former All Black Alistair Scown’s personal home
• A private training session for four with Shane ‘The Mountain Warrior’ Cameron
• A round of golf with Master Chef judge Josh Emett at the Royal Auckland Golf Club
• An NRL experience with rugby
league commentator Andrew Voss (Vossy) and the
Sky Sports broadcast team, including access to the commentary box and sideline
• Two night’s accommodation at a luxury whale-watching retreat in Tonga, including a champagne cruise
• An America’s Cup sailing experience courtesy of EXPLORE NZ
• An overnight stay on a Royal NZ Navy frigate.
• A ride in the Police Eagle helicopter
• A voucher for two to do the SkyWalk at SkyCity in Auckland
• Signed 2014 NZ Warriors and Auckland Blues jerseys
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Bayleys’ sponsorship of the Blind Foundation Guide Dogs – a partnership that has so far generated around $2.5million and funded the training of around 120 puppies.
Blind Foundation chief executive Sandra Budd says the auction is a wonderful opportunity to raise essential funds for the Guide Dog programme through the bids of kind-hearted Kiwis.
“We are thrilled to have amazing support for the auction from all of the team at Bayleys and so many other generous people across the country.