Win a Wicked Wellington Adventure this July
Win a Wicked Wellington Adventure this July
Time’s running out to win yourself a money can’t buy Wicked Wellington Adventure.
Wellington’s tourism agency is pushing the boundaries this month with a series of unique money can’t buy prizes that show the capital at its most adventurous and finest.
Positively Wellington Tourism’s running its Wicked Wellington Adventures campaign to draw attention to the scope of activities people can get up to in the city, from beer brewing to VIP shopping and mountain biking on one of the capital’s highest peak.
The prizes are being drawn throughout this month and locals and out of towners can enter on PWT’s website http://wicked.wellingtonnz.com.
Positively Wellington Chief Executive, David Perks, says the idea of the diverse and out of the ordinary adventures is to show no matter what people are into the capital has something wicked to suit them.
PWT’s got some of the city’s top business people and creative on board for the competition including two of city’s most successful culinary masterminds, the co-owner and executive chef of Wellington institution Logan Brown restaurant.
The Culinary Capital’s VIP prize offers the winner the chance to meet with Logan Brown’s executive chef, Shaun Clouston, who will also treat them to a behind the scenes tour revealing secrets of his award winning restaurant.
Logan Brown Co-founder, Steve Logan, says the winner of The Culinary Capital’s VIP is in for a rare experience with the chance to get culinary insights from one of the chefs that has put Wellington on the map as a foodie destination.
“Seeing the inner workings of a top commercial kitchen and then being served by the executive chef, Shaun Clouston with all his mighty knowledge and whacky humour, the winner is certain to have an unforgettable experience,” Mr Logan says.
For another of the Wicked Wellington adventures, Mountain Bike Madness, PWT has worked with Bike Wellington to get special permission to chopper the winner to the top of Makara Peak, where they’ll ride down with a coach and a professional photographer snapping them like they’re a pro rider.
And if you get your entry in before 3 o’clock Thursday 10 July you could still win the chance to conduct the city’s orchestra and sit on stage with them during a live performance as the Musical Maestro.
Orchestra Wellington’s manager, Adán E Tijerina, says to his knowledge very few orchestras in the world have ever allowed audience members to sit on stage amongst the players during a performance.
“This will undoubtedly be overwhelming for the winner as it’s a compelling experience to fell the musical power of 74 players around you. The sounds and energy will envelop and transport them to the Russian fairy tale land of the thrice-tenth kingdom,” he says.
The five remaining Wicked Wellington Adventures awaiting winners are:
• Legend of the Brew: Become a brewer for a day with help from the talented guys at Garage Project. You’ll also craft a custom beer label and join the Beervana judging panel as a special guest.
• Mountain Bike Madness: Get choppered to the top of Makara Peak. Ride down with a professional photographer snapping you like a pro and a Bike Wellington expert giving you a private lesson.
• The Musical Maestro: Take control of the baton conducting Orchestra Wellington to play exactly how you please during the dress rehearsal for its upcoming concert. Then, after a pre-show feast, you'll have the once-in-a-lifetime experience of sitting on stage as the orchestra performs Rimsky-Korsakov’s ‘Golden Cockerel’.
• Royal of the Store: Be treated like a royalty with exclusive after-hours access to Kirkcaldie & Stain's department store. The iconic store will roll out the red carpet and get the champagne flowing while you spend $2,500 on us with the help of a personal shopper.
• The Culinary Capital’s VIP: You and a guest will fine dine in style at Wellington's award-winning restaurant Logan Brown. Have your meal personally served to you by head chef, Shaun Clouston, before he takes you on a behind-the-scenes tour of his award-winning kitchen. You’ll also be special guests at Havana Bar for pre-dinner drinks and head off to post-dinner drinks at Matterhorn.
To explore the other adventures more fully check out the website WellingtonNZ.com/Wicked-Adventures and sign up to the city’s eNews to be in to win an adventure that’s sure to spice up your winter.
The winner of the Musical Maestro will be announced tomorrow 3pm on Thursday 10 July-so enter today or tomorrow to be in to win.
Then the Culinary Capital's VIP will be announced on Thursday 17 July and Royal of the Store, Legend of the Brew and Mountain Bike Madness on Friday 25 July.