Wellington to Host NZ's First Ever City-Wide SciFi Festival
Wellington to Host New Zealand’s First Ever
City-Wide SciFi Festival
For the first time ever in New Zealand, a pulp-culture citywide festival NZ Comic Con will invade Wellington from July 17thto 19th 2015 capturing the hearts of Geeks, Superheroes and Villains.
Featuring gaming, comics, animations, music and theatre, this all-new festival will light up the city of Wellington for a citywide experience as never seen before; taking place over three incredible days and nights.
With stacks of interactive activities scheduled to take place in the areas of comics, gaming, animations and music - NZ Comic Con will offer an experience like never before, where both the mind and body will be stimulated with a variety of super-cool events.
NZ Comic Con will is the festival at the heart of the prominent Wellington Armageddon Expo, contributing to its already well established popularity with a unique new angle of charm and wit.
“A massive variety of events has already been scheduled, with even more to be announced over the next 6 months,” says Beyond Reality Media Director William Geradts.
“NZ Comic Con is going to turn Wellington into New Zealand’s capital of Geekdom in a way that Kiwis have never experienced before - we’re going to provide Wellingtonians with a truly, unforgettable experience,” he says.
With an extensive list of events already planned, it is hard to resist the taste of fantasy that NZ Comic Con will bring to the windy city:
• Armageddon Expo Wellington:
A 3-day pulp culture expo at the Westpac Stadium
celebrating Armageddon Expo’s15th
consecutive year in Wellington.
• Pop Culture Gallery: A 3-day gallery event featuring artwork from some world-class New Zealand comic creators and more.
• Horror House: An R16 house of terror that won’t be for the faint hearted - it promises to leave you both covered in blood and full of adrenaline.
• Opening Party and After Party: Let NZ Comic Con begin, and end with massive NZ Comic Con party bangs!
• Bar Crawls: Accompany celebrity guests here for the event around Wellington on the official bar crawl, tasting the best in local craft beers.
• Scavenger Hunt: A Wellington wide adventure to search for hidden treasures and special trails.
• Quiz Night: A pulp culture and quiz night aficionado’s dream. Prizes and more!
• Cosplay Photo Shoots: Your opportunity to shine in front of the camera as you work alongside international cosplayers, local photographers and contestants, taking photos in locations across Wellington.
• Art Contest: Open to all of New Zealand for artworks and judged by international artists.
• Operation LAN: An epic gaming LAN held in the heart of Wellington city.
• The Beyond Belief Mindreading Show: A highly interactive comedy that will dig deep into your mind and reveal your darkest secrets with a hilarious twist!
• The HypnoMental Comedy Hypnosis Show: See men give birth to space alien babies then rap in Japanese while the ladies drag race and pick up their dream dates for starters.
• The Laughter Games: Takes after The Hunger Games, but completely overrides it with fresh and exciting new rules, featuring international and local comedians with a definite pulp culture slant.
If all that’s not enough, NZ Comic Con is still in the planning stages to bring many more events, and Hollywood talent to the festival. A massive event not to be missed by Beyond Reality Media, creators of the Armageddon Expo.
To keep up with updates on the events of the
NZ Comic Con is a purely New Zealand operated and organised. It has no connection to San Diego Comic-Con International.