Last Days of Emerging Artist Awards
Final Days Of The 2014 TCAC Emerging Artist
Don't Miss Out!
The exhibition closes this Sunday at 4:30pm.
Make sure you pop in and vote for your favourite work (one favourite in the combined show).
Our favourite annual show, and this year we have two shows for you!
The high standard of entries and variety of work was so good - how could we 'not' sort out a way for everyone to enjoy it.
You'll find the Finalist Exhibition of 20 works in the Upstairs Art Gallery, on Level One of Lopdell House, and the B-Group Exhibition (the unselected works) in the restaurant space downstairs on the ground floor.
Bear in mind - the volunteers minding the gallery space are very likely to be artists with work in the show - so you'll also have a wonderful opportunity to chat to them about their work.
Now it's your turn to vote! You are welcome to make your 'People's Choice' vote for your favourite work in the combined show. It's one vote per person (that's really hard!). The two artists with the most votes will receive one of the following two prizes: A $100 MyCanvas Gift Voucher, or A Quick Fix 30 Minute Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage by Sarah-Jane at Massage In The House - M4L, in Lopdell House.
Our finalists are:
Akemi Nakamura – Woman Sitting On The Couch /Andre Sampson – xxxviii, 2014 / Angela Rudland-Wood – Home / Christine Liutai – Child’s Play / Fred Brunell – After Apple Picking / Honglin Xu – The Falling Leaf / Irena Adamska – Silence / Jennie Colman – Kowhai / Kerry Sayegh – The Botanist Dream / Kris Burrows – Mangroves, Manukau Harbour / Kyle Grenfell – Exodus / Levon Parker – Neural Star / Rachael Burke – Down By The Riverside / Ray-Gee -Pacific Bloom / Rhianna McCormick-Burns – Kia Kaha / Rose Meyer – Notes from readings / Sonja Drake – Bubbling Up, Secrets of Sunken Trees, Arapuni / Sunny Hee – Silent Frustration / Tracey Watson – Trophy Specimen / Alex Hilary – No.2
We're so grateful for the support we received for this show - right across the community. We can't thank them enough - please support them back....
Our Sponsors: L J Hooker, Titirangi, Salvino Ghio, Corban Estate Arts Centre, Sue Robertson, Lopdell House Gallery, Lopdell Precinct, McCahon House Trust, Resene,Gordon Harris, My Canvas, Massage in the House-M4L and Peek Exhibition Design & Display.
And of course ... Thank you to our unbelievably fabulous team of volunteers. (CARLOSgets a special mention here:) )
Without you all - this simply wouldn't happen!
The exhibitions are FREE ENTRY and open daily 10-4:30 until 4:30 Sunday 7th September.
YOU ARE INVITED ...
Photography and Mixed Media works by Ros Lowrey and Simon Raine
You are invited to join us to celebrate the opening of Birdsong next Thursday evening, 11th September from 6-7:30.
“I have called New Zealand
home for 8 years since stepping off the plane from the UK in
2007, and I immediately fell in love with the open spaces. I
love to walk alone with my camera hoping to capture a
flavour of the landscapes and a sense of the atmosphere and
grandeur of the environment. Sometimes I happen upon
abandoned buildings, cars and caravans which have seen
better times. I wonder about the lives that have passed
through them and the love that must once have been lavished
upon them, before they were forgotten.
No-one is present in these images. There is just the viewer entering into these forgotten places experiencing a frozen moment.” Simon Raine.
“I love fabric design and pattern, I also like being in the outdoors and the bush, I like old and whimsical things, sometimes these things come together sometimes they do not. In this exhibition my work explores connected histories and in a number of works includes the Tui and Victorian pattern to explore ideas. Other works use images that I collect and connect with, on my walks and travels. “ Ros Lowrey.
• AUDITION FOR Titirangi Theatre's production of CINDERELLA ...THISSunday, in the Seminar Room, Level One in Lopdell House. 7th September from 10-2pm. It's a CHRISTMAS PANTOMIME, the second show in the newly refurbished theatre. Season runs from 25th November to 6th December 2014. How exciting is that! Click here for more details.
• Kotuku Creatives – by the senior students from Rutherford College on Te Atatu Peninsular. This college has an enthusiastic talent for the Arts. Ranging across photography, painting and design in a variety of styles, students present their work for sale. Most of the work was produced by students in their own time and shows an interesting personal response. At West Coast Gallery, Piha.The exhibition will run through til 14th September. Click here for more info.
• Art Classes. Portraits In Oil with Bonnie. Ph 09 818-7697. Private Personal Tuition. 5 students only per class. Monday 9.30am – 12 noon 1pm – 4pm. Cost $35 for 3 hr classes. Payment: 3 weeks in advance. The New Lynn Friendship Club Inc. 3063 Great North Road. New Lynn. No drawing or painting experience needed just a desire to create portrait of your loved ones. Come and view for yourself my work and those of my students who have never painted before.
• Click here to catch up on McCahon House
• Click here to catch up on Titirangi Theatre.
• Click here for Gordon Harris' latest offerings.
• Click here to see what's on at Lopdell House Gallery - off site.
• Click here to see what's on at Corban Estate Arts Centre.
• Click here to find out where the next ArtExplore walk is going.
See you here!