Fringe programme will surprise and astound
21 September 2014
programme will surprise and astound
The Fab Four Team behind the Christchurch fringe Fringe Festival 2014
are pleased to announce the headline acts.
The festival with the launch on 11 October runs from 13 to 31 October.
There are 20 acts
The Bizarro Carnivale will be kicked off by the Wizards on the 11th
will have some interesting acts including Belly dancing, body
painting, Madame Fringeoid (the Crap fortune teller) non Siamese non
twins, an inflexible contortionist, a bearded man and other things.
- 17 and 18 Oct Comedy on the Fringe, led by Jeff Clark @ Mashinas at
- 16 Oct and 23 Oct Thane Pullan @ Alvarado’s Mexican Cantina
- 21- 25 Oct Suri vs Shiloh, from the Auckland Fringe Produced by We
- 30 Oct -1 Nov, Two Sisters by La Errante Troupe (Marlon Ortiz) and
NO Productions Theatre (Nataliya Oryshchuk)
- 30 Oct to 7 Nov Closer by Patrick Maber produced by A LITTLE BOX AT
THE TOP OF THE STAIRS PRODUCTIONS
- 18-20 Oct Monsieur Le President documentary by Victoria Campbell,
on the 2010 Haitian earthquakes and the tragedy of a local Voodoo
priest who led a local recovery
- 18 Oct NZ Burlesque, Fusion Belly Dancing
- 15 October Spiritual Performance Poetry , Kevin Moran; Poet Shaman
& Healer. Courtenay Stickels Sound Worker and Soul Singer.
There is also a school based dance event on
25 October at Middleton
Auditorium by Studio42 Performing Arts Dance school.
The festival is sponsored by Winter
Chill and has made a commitment
to under 25 year olds including workshops and free entry to festival
run events at the CBD venue.