Contemporary Dance Tutor position at NZ School of Dance
Contemporary Dance Tutor position at New Zealand School of Dance
The New Zealand School of Dance, one of the southern hemisphere’s leading conservatoires for quality dance training, is looking for an experienced and inspirational contemporary dance tutor.
This is a full-time position in Wellington, New Zealand from January 2016. The tutor will join the School's contemporary dance facultyprincipally teaching students of the full-time course, with occasional teaching on outreach programmes.
The tutor will be
• Planning, coordination and realisation of a teaching programme
• Ensuring high standards and delivery of quality education
• Coaching, mentoring and evaluation of students
• Contributing to course content, including allied subjects
• Development of the course and school's profile and networks
candidate will have:
• Exceptional technique teaching at the highest level. Including:
o strong floor work with clear muscular alignment
o strong partnering skills
o tumbling, aerial and strength work
o facilitating creativity and compositional skills
• Extensive experience as a professional contemporary dancer and/or choreographer
• Knowledge of creative processes in the industry and relevant education techniques
• Academic qualification in relevant field
• Current industry knowledge and contacts
• A commitment to safe dance practise
• Great personality. A team player and inspirational teacher
Shortlisted candidates will be
invited to spend two weeks as a guest tutor at NZSD during
2015. Please outline your availability for this.
To make an expression of interest please send a cover letter and CV by 5pm Wednesday 1 April 2015. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.