Fourth Annual Celebration at NZ School of Food and Wine
An opportunity to discover the latest food trends, wine releases, transform your skills in the kitchen and nourish your palate with mouthwatering fare is taking place over three days in August at the New Zealand School of Food & Wine premises in Auckland’s Viaduct.
From August 19 – 21 2017, you can enjoy an enticing mix of wine tasting, free cookery demonstrations, tutored masterclasses, and the opportunity to cook alongside passionate and talented chefs in the professional kitchen.
The tantalising world of food photography will be unlocked during the Insta Dinner, where food and beverage experts and food bloggers will share tips on how to style and capture amazing food imagery on your phone. Build and style your own creations over 6 courses for the chance to win a dinner for two at leading Auckland restaurant, Clooney.
For the foodie adventurer, become a guest chef for the night, by helping to bring to life the celebration dinner on Sunday 20 August. This year, Samir Allen from Metro Top 50 Restaurant 2017 Gemmayze St will create a gastronomic Lebanese menu, preceded by an exclusive tasting of Lebanese wines.
NZSFW will again host the New Zealand Sommelier and Junior Sommelier of the Year competition on Sunday 20th. Talented professionals working in venues from around the country will put their wine knowledge and service skills to the test. You can observe the fanfare of the finalists opening a bottle of Louis Roederer champagne as they vie to impress the judges between 2 – 4pm.
Event information and ticket sales from July 1 available at event.foodandwine.co.nz
W&F Celebration Events:
1. General Admission – Wine Tasting and Cookery Demonstrations. Sunday 20 August 1–6pm OR Monday 21 August 3–7pm. $60 per person, Earlybird $45
2. Practical Sessions
3. Insta Dinner: Saturday 19 August. Double pass $170
4. Sharpen Up Knife Skills. Sunday 20 August. $110 per person (includes GA ticket)
5. Restaurant Guest Chef: Sunday 20 August $135 per person (includes dinner & private wine tasting)
6. Feel the Heat BBQ Skills. Monday 21 August. $75 per person
8. For Goodness Saké. Monday 21 August. 5pm–6pm. $60 per person
9. Bob Campbell MW. Monday 21 August. 6pm–7pm. $75 per person
10. Lebanese Celebration Dinner & Private Wine Tasting, Sunday 20 August 5pm – 10pm, $110 per person
Founded by Celia Hay, the New Zealand School of Food and Wine opened its first campus in Christchurch in 1995. In 2012, a new campus was established in the heart of downtown Auckland when NZSFW relocated following the Christchurch earthquakes. NZSFW offers fully-equipped modern demonstration and practical kitchens, dining room, cocktail bar, wine tasting and barista training rooms, seminar and reception area.
As specialists in culinary, wine & hospitality education, NZSFW has trained thousands of students. Many have gone on to enjoy success as respected chefs, bloggers, sommeliers and restaurant owners and managers.
The New Zealand School of Food & Wine is registered and accredited with the New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA).