SPARK3 - art, design, music, media and culture
The Wintec Media Arts Creative Industries Research Centre presents SPARK3 – the leading New Zealand forum for contemporary art, design, music, media and culture
The Wintec Media Arts Creative Industries Research Centre at the Waikato Institute of Technology has unveiled the line-up for SPARK3, the leading New Zealand forum for practitioners across the arts, media, and culture sector. SPARK3 will take place in Hamilton from August 6-9, 2003.
SPARK3 include presentations by leading artists, curators,
filmmakers, musicians, designers, and writers,
- New Zealand Pacific Arts and Ta Moko expert Ngahuia Te Awekotuku
- Los Angeles-based gallerist and curator Brian Butler
- U.S. contemporary art curator Amada Cruz
- Leading Australian artist Mikala Dwyer
- Award winning UK Music producer Greg Haver
- Luca Ionescu, a hot young digital media designer from Sydney
- Lewis P.Morley, modelmaker for Star Wars Episode 2 and the Matrix films
- Michael Place, a former member of British graphic innovators Designers Republic
- University of Waikato writer-in-residence Mitch Tawhi Thomas
- Anne Zahalka, an Australian photographer with numerous high-profile commissions to her credit
“Over the last few years, SPARK has become one of the big events on the national arts and education calendar,” said Danny Butt, organisor of the symposium. “This year’s line-up is the best yet.”
He said the event attracts people from throughout New Zealand to discuss new work and new ideas in creative practice. As well as the featured speakers, 24 other creative industries practitioners will be presenting their work.
Select sessions on Saturday 9th August will be open to the public and events, exhibition openings and performances will provide opportunities to meet with presenters and other creative industries practitioners.
For further information including mailing
list subscriptions, programme, speaker bios, registration
information and details of previous SPARK conferences can be
obtained from the SPARK3