Neville Withers Appointed Chief Executive Officer
12th July 2005
For immediate release
From the Council Chairperson, Waiariki Institute of Technology – Whare Takiura Council
Council has announced the appointment of Dr Neville Withers as the Chief Executive Officer commencing 1st August 2005. Dr Withers has a PhD from Massey University and previously worked at the University of Waikato, Te Wananga o Aotearoa and Eastern Institute of Technology. From January 2002 to March 2003 he was the Academic Director of Waiariki Institute of Technology – Whare Takiura.
Dr Withers has been appointed for a period of six months while Waiariki Institute of Technology – Whare Takiura Council undertakes its appointment process for a Chief Executive Officer, who is likely to be on a 5 year contract.
Mr Shaw noted the Council of Waiariki Institute of Technology – Whare Takiura is extremely fortunate to have somebody of Dr Withers calibre and experience which includes:
* Eighteen years experience as senior manager in the tertiary education sector including university, polytechnic and wananga sectors.
* Fifteen years as a university lecturer.
* Proven ability to develop and manage quality management systems.
* Experience in preparing institutions for academic audits.
* Knowledge and understanding of management systems within the tertiary education system especially in relation to managing change.
* Proven ability to identify, establish and manage new projects.
* Policy development and strategic planning skills.
* Experience in undertaking system and departmental reviews.
* Ability to support staff through change.
Dr Withers work as Chief Executive Officer will maintain the momentum on many projects that Waiariki Institute of Technology – Whare Takiura is working on, including the development of the RADI Centre, responding to changes in Tertiary Educational Funding and completion of our Charter and profiles processes.