BTI Celebrates 21st with NZQA Approval
BTI Celebrates 21st with NZQA Approval to Deliver Postgraduate Qualifications
2014 is a year that BTI will remember for quite some time to come. Not only is it their coming of age; it is also the year in which NQZA gave approval for BTI to deliver two new qualifications:
* Postgraduate Diploma of Professional Practice
* Master of Professional Practice
The added significance of this approval is that this BTI's first step into postgraduate programme delivery and the whole approval process from submission to approval took just over 12 weeks!
In responding to the submission, the NZQA approval panel commended BTI on the following:
* The integration of research throughout the whole programme, incorporating a broad range of research methodologies.
* The level of staff qualification and research experience.
* The example provided by senior staff in combining programme development, teaching and research involvement with the leadership roles.
* The comprehensive consultation process, which was iterative, broad and meaningful, and which clearly influenced development.
* The well-designed integrated approach to research supported by committee structure, strategic plan and professional development.
* The inclusion of an exegesis option for the thesis.
* The successful integration of the faith-based special character of BTI with the academic rigour required at post-graduate level without compromising either.
BTI was the first teachers college to be established in the Bay of Plenty region, gaining NZQA and Teacher Registration Board approval for its initial Diploma of Teaching in 1993.
The new postgraduate programme, which is expected to fill quickly due to a waiting list of eager would-be students, will be delivered for the first time in early 2015.