NZMA Board Members Announced
Friday, 5 April 2002
A new member has been elected to the
New Zealand Medical Association Board following a postal
ballot of members. He is:
* Dr Don Simmers, a GP from Queenstown
* Four other Board members were re-elected. They are:
* Dr Ross Boswell, an Auckland physician
* Dr John Boyd, a Christchurch GP
* Dr Philip Rushmer, a GP from Auckland
* Dr Karen Wood, a Wellington pathologist
Dr Simmers brings to the NZMA Board 25 years experience in healthcare delivery. He has a strong interest in issues facing rural doctors, and in maternity services.
The Board, headed by NZMA Chairman Dr John Adams, also includes: * Deputy Chair Dr Tricia Briscoe, a Rotorua GP, who also chairs the GP Council * Dr Sue Hayde, a Dunedin gynaecologist, who chairs the Specialists' Committee
Former NZMA Board member Dr Peter Dukes, a Wellington obstetrician and gynaecologist, has been appointed President of the NZMA, which is an honorary role.