News Video | Policy | GPs | Hospitals | Medical | Mental Health | Welfare | Search

 


Waitakere Hospital Job Fair attracts hundreds

Media Release
29 June 2004

Waitakere Hospital Job Fair attracts hundreds

Sunday 20th June saw Waitakere Hospital besieged by would-be employees.

More than 600 people came, saw and expressed their interest in working at the new hospital at what was to be a hugely successful Job Fair.

The Fair was held to promote the job opportunities that will be available as a result of the hospital’s $60 million redevelopment.

A variety of information was made available to potential candidates and tours weaved their way around the new building at regular intervals.

The hospital’s Human Resources manager, Ms Sarah Toohey, couldn’t be happier with the outcome,

“The Job Fair was a great success. We are especially happy with the support we received from the West Auckland community for the fair.”

“We had approximately 650 people through the doors with about 65 per cent looking for Support roles and the other 35 per cent from various clinical backgrounds,” says Ms Toohey.

If you wish to enquire about roles at Waitakere Hospital please contact Colleen Bermingham (Waitakere Hospital candidate manager), phone: (09) 837 8868 or email: colleen.bermingham @waitematadhb.govt.nz.

Alternatively, log on to the Waitemata DHB recruitment website www.jobpulse.co.nz/waitemata where visitors can view current vacancies and register in a talent pool for future employment vacancies.

All enquiries are treated as confidential.

Ends

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Culture Headlines | Health Headlines | Education Headlines

 

Electronica: Restoring The World’s First Recorded Computer Music

University of Canterbury Distinguished Professor Jack Copeland and UC alumni and composer Jason Long have restored the earliest known recording of computer-generated music, created more than 65 years ago using programming techniques devised by Alan Turing. More>>

ALSO:

Scoop Review Of Books: Almost Getting Away With Murder

The Black Widow by Lee-Anne Cartier: Lee-Anne Cartier is the sister of the Christchurch man found to have been murdered by his wife, Helen Milner, after an initial assumption by police that his death, in 2009, was suicide. More>>

Howard Davis: Triple Echo - The Malevich/Reinhardt/Hotere Nexus

Howard Davis: The current juxtaposition of works by Ralph Hotere and Ad Reinhardt at Te Papa perfectly exemplifies Jean Michel Massing's preoccupation with the transmigration of imagery in a remarkable triple echo effect... More>>

Scoop Review Of Books: Nō Tāu Manawa

Vaughan Rapatahana responds to Fale Aitu | Spirit House by Tusiata Avi: "fa’afetai Tusiata, fa’afetai, / you’ve swerved & served us a masterclass corpus / through graft / of tears & fears..." More>>

9 Golds - 21 Medals: NZ Team Celebrates As Rio 2016 Paralympic Games Close

The entire New Zealand Paralympic Team, led by kiwi sprinter and double gold medallist Liam Malone as flag bearer, are on the bus to the Maracanã Stadium in Rio de Janeiro for the Closing Ceremony of the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games. There, they will celebrate the fantastic successes of the past 10 days. More>>

ALSO:

New Zealand Improv Festival: The Festival Of Moments To Return To The Capital

The eighth incarnation of the New Zealand Improv Festival comes to BATS Theatre this 4-8 October , with a stellar line-up of spontaneous theatre and instant comedy performed and directed by top improvisors from around New Zealand and the world. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
Health
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news