|
| ||
Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust’s HEMS project to continue |
||
July 9, 2013
Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust’s HEMS project to continue
The Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust today confirmed that the future of the HEMS project (Helicopter Emergency Medical Service) was secure.
Trust CEO Greg Barrow said the Board had recently signed off on a three year proposal to support the HEMS project and funding had been allocated accordingly in future budgets.
"Although our annual ratepayer funding contribution has been cut by the Regional Amenities Funding Board, we have been working hard to raise the funds needed to maintain the HEMS service," he said.
"The HEMS project has been an outstanding success, with proven results from having senior emergency medicine and critical care doctors accompanying our skilled paramedics on the helicopter service. There is evidence that this project has improved patient outcomes. We want the people of the Auckland region to have continued access to the special expertise that doctors bring to our service," he said.
"We appreciate the continuing support of the Auckland District Health Board in making the doctors available and we look forward to continuing to work with them closely in the future," Mr Barrow said.
ends
Wellington.Scoop:
Oracle's Unapproved Modifications: Emirates Team New Zealand Stunned
Improvised Soap Returns: Wellingtons Riskiest Show Gets Rural
Malcom Tucker Gets Tardis Keys: Peter Capaldi Revealed As The Twelfth Doctor
Back in Town: Helen Clark To Deliver Lecture At The University Of Auckland
Tama Waipara: Fill Up The Silence
Culture: Film On New Zealand In Afghanistan Nominated For Top Award

