St John patient part charges to increase 1 April 2014
St John patient part charges to increase 1 April
On 1 April 2014 the St John
emergency ambulance patient part charge will increase by
either $4.00 or $13.00, to a single rate of $88.00 across
New Zealand (from two rates of $75.00 and $84.00
The flat rate charge for those not
eligible for New Zealand publicly funded health services
will also increase - from $769.00 to $800.00.
charges a part charge to patients who are treated by an
ambulance officer or who are transported in an ambulance,
because of a medical emergency.
“We are increasing our
part charges in response to increasing demand for our
services. In the year ending 30 June 2013 the number of 111
emergency calls for an ambulance increased by over 14,000
compared to the previous year,” says St John Operations
Director Michael Brooke.
“People tell us they are
comfortable to pay a part charge, given the high quality of
the service and treatment they receive, and when they
understand that the part charge goes towards funding
frontline ambulance staff.”
Table of patient
part charges for medical
rate||Rate as at 1 April
|Northland, Taranaki, Manawatu,
Waikato (including Taumarunui), Bay of Plenty, Hawke’s
Bay, Lakes, Tairawhiti, all of the South
NB St John
does not provide emergency ambulance services in Wellington
or the Wairarapa.
Contracts with the Ministry of Health, ACC
and District Health Boards fund nearly 80% of St John
Ambulance Service direct operating costs. The shortfall is
made up from community donations, fundraising, revenue from
commercial activities, the contribution of volunteers, as
well as contributions from part charges. St John is a
charity and relies on financial and voluntary support from
the community to help fund all the services it provides to
Nearly 5,000 St John staff are involved in
emergency ambulance, patient transfer services and events -
over 60% of whom are volunteers. They care for and save the
lives of thousands of New Zealanders and visitors to the
country every year. St John staff treat over 415,000 people
© Scoop Media
- GARY STARLIGHT SINGS THE BLUES at Orange Studio, 1063c Ferry Road - Impressive a...
- UNCLE VANYA at The Court Theatre, Bernard Street, Addington - Delicate and taste...
- UNCLE VANYA at The Court Theatre, Bernard Street, Addington - Moments of farce o...
- JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT at Isaac Theatre Royal - Sheer verv...
- THE BOOKBINDER at Arts Centre Common Room Building, 2 Worcester Blvd - Makes you...
- THE BLACK RIDER: THE CASTING OF THE MAGIC BULLETS at The Gym, The Arts Centre, W...
- CINDERELLA IN SPACE at The Court Theatre, Bernard Street, Addington - Stellar in...
- CABARET DE PARIS at The Civic - Auckland Live - Pretty women, illusions and brig...
- LIKE SEX at Basement Theatre, Lower Greys Ave - You have to be present
- THREE BY EKMAN at ASB Waterfront Theatre, 138 Halsey St, Wynyard Quarter - Ekman...
- SWABHOOMI BORROWED EARTH at TAPAC Theatre, Western Springs - A lyrical meditatio...
- THREE BY EKMAN at ASB Waterfront Theatre, 138 Halsey St, Wynyard Quarter - Three...
- THREE BY EKMAN at ASB Waterfront Theatre, 138 Halsey St, Wynyard Quarter - Tripl...
- NIGEL at The Pumphouse / Lake Pupuke - Great script, overcooked performance, ove...