Story Of The Week: The Niger Row (Week 1)
Dennis Hans: Inside The Niger Deception - How the Italians — perhaps with U.S. neocon help — suckered the Brits into believing and promoting the African-uranium fable. See... Dennis Hans: Mama Mia, What a Con!
Tenet Points The Finger At Wolfowitz Ctte. - When George Tenet, the director of the CIA, testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee last week, he said an ad-hoc committee called the Office of Special Plans, headed by Wolfowitz, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Policy Douglas Feith and other high-profile hawks rewrote the intelligence information on Iraq that the CIA gathered and gave it to White House officials to help Bush build a case for war, according to three Senators on the intelligence committee. See... Tenet - Wolfowitz Ctte. Gave Dubious Intelligence
Not In Our Name Seeks Accountability - A major news poll shows that 56% of Americans now stand with The Not In Our Name Project (NION) in believing that Bush administration officials were “hiding important elements of what they knew” or were “mostly lying” (CBS News, July 10th, 2003). See... NION Demands Bush Admin. Be Held Accountable
Dennis Hans: 16 Dishonest Words - If you’re scratching your head and wondering how the Bush administration had such an easy time persuading much of the news media of the necessity to wage war on Iraq, simply look at their performance over the weekend. See... Dennis Hans: Sixteen Dishonest Words
MUCH MORE ON
THE NIGER ROW:
- Jason Leopold - Wolfowitz Cttee. Advised Use Of Niger Uranium Ref.
- John Chuckman - Enron-Style Management, Dangerously Complex World
- William Moloney - William Moloney: I Feel A Change Is A Comin’
- Jason Leopold - How To Justify Iraq War If WMD’s Aren’t Found?
- William Rivers Pitt - UQ Wire: The Dubious Suicide of George Tenet
- Jason Leopold - CIA Warned White House Last Oct On Forged Docs
- Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity - Time to End the Dodginess - Intelligence Unglued
- Reader Opinion - Advice For Reporters: Follow The Niger Forgeries
- Daniel Patrick Welch - Our President is a Criminal
- George Tenet - Statement From CIA Director On Niger
- Dennis Hans - Italian Connection is Key to Niger Connection
- William River's Pitt - UQ Wire: Mr. Bush, You Are A Liar
The Useless Invasion Sketch - THE AMERICAN PEOPLE (played by John Cleese) walks down the street carrying THE IRAQUI INVASION (played by an empty parrot cage). He walks into THE WHITE HOUSE (played by a cheesy storefront) and addresses COLIN POWELL (played by Michael Palin). See... The Useless Invasion Sketch (After Monty Python)