Link: Tom Flocco - Crucial Causes Of Our Time
Crucial Causes Of Our Time: Campaign IssuesBy Tom Flocco
PHILADELPHIA -- October 3, 2003 (TomFlocco.com) The site will commence its developing new look with a view toward the confluence of unrelenting stories about war in Iraq, perpetration of stock and mutual fund fraud, and "governance by greed" on Wall Street. Particular attention will be focused upon questions linked to the lack of quick action by key government officials during the actual attacks on September 11, 2001. We still believe 9-11 will be a 2004 campaign issue--what with the relentless "Jersey Girls," and Ellen Mariani's litigation.
However, we also believe there are a number of critical issues that will define American history and culture during the next few years--literally determining the future of the Republic. And they better be part of the 2004 presidential campaign debates. Here are our picks--in no particular order. We ignore a few of them at our immediate and collective peril. Others have longer term implications. But look for stories on these issues in coming months at TomFlocco.com:
1) 9-11 Attacks--Government officials let attacks happen--even with prior warnings.
2) Illegal Immigration--A defining issue of our time--for financial AND security reasons.
3) Election and Vote-Counting Fraud--Stolen elections abrogate the will of the People.
4) Looting U.S. Treasury-Trillions "missing" from Pentagon &HUD could lower taxes.
5) Loss of American Jobs--NAFTA, unfair foreign trade has killed U.S. industry &jobs.
6) Military Used-Up as "Global Policemen"--National Guard re-enlistments destroyed.
7) Judicial Case-Fixing--Judges force appeals, deny citizen trials, protect corp. fraud.
8) Loss of Personal Freedom (Patriot Act)--Poor security used to steal personal rights.
9) Moral Decay--Decadence, and court attacks on religious rights, freedoms, & families.
10) Stock-Pension Fraud--Governance by greed; rules tilted against small investors.
11) Media Consolidation--Allowing a few companies to control all print-TV-radio news.