UQ Wire: Rumsfeld & Powell Testify at 9-11 Inquiry
Sign up for the wire at:
Unanswered Questions : Thinking for ourselves.
Rumsfeld & Powell Testify at 9-11 Inquiry
UQ Wire Editor Alastair Thompson
Today has been a very busy day in Washington D.C. on 9/11 related matters.
The day began with a press conference from 911 Citizens Watch and several 9/11 victim groups broadcast live on C-Span .
Featured at the press conference were UnansweredQuestions.org co-founders Catherine Austin Fitts (who spoke on 911 Profiteering  and Kyle F. Hence.
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0403/S00265.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0403/S00244.htm
Later during the day Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Secretary of State Colin Powell appeared before the 9/11 Commission. Links to the prepared parts of their testimony follow. The transcripts of testimony will be posted as soon as they come available.
- Secretary of State Colin L. Powell Opening Remarks Before the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States Washington, DC March 23, 2004. See... Powell 9/11 Testimony On Counterterrorism Policy 
- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld: "The Commission requested that we comment on preparations during the period from January 20th through September 11, 2001, the events of September 11th, steps taken since September 11th, and any recommendations for the future." See... Rumsfeld's Prepared Testiimony To 9/11 Commission 
And all the while, the day's proceedings occurred under the growing cloud of a series of startling allegations made by former Counter-Terrorism Tzar Richard Clarke in his new book , "Against All Enemies : Inside the White House's War on Terror--What Really Happened" . The book and Mr Clarke were profiled on CBS's 60 Minutes  news show at the weekend.. Below are a number of links to White House reation to Richard Clarke's allegations.
White House Reaction Links:
- Scott McLellan 22nd March - White House Press Briefing - Richard Clarke (1) 
- Scott McLellan 23rd March - White House Press Briefing - Richard Clarke (2) 
- Vice President Cheney's Rush Limbaugh Interview 
- President Bush Discusses Economy and Terrorism 
 - http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/19/60minutes/main607356.shtml
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/WO0403/S00331.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/WO0403/S00330.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/WO0403/S00329.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/WO0403/S00328.htm
STANDARD DISCLAIMER FROM UQ.ORG: UnansweredQuestions.org does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in the above article. We present this in the interests of research -for the relevant information we believe it contains. We hope that the reader finds in it inspiration to work with us further, in helping to build bridges between our various investigative communities, towards a greater, common understanding of the unanswered questions which now lie before us.