Abu Ghraib Torture Scandal
The Torture Scandal - Scared &
Ashamed - There's nothing like turning on the ''telly''
and looking straight into the face of a woman GI smiling and
pointing at something out of range of the camera. As the
camera pulled back the image of a man with a hood over his
head came into view, and he was naked. See... Annie Warmke: Longing For A Better Time In America
- Between The Lines - Abuses In US Run Prisons Are Widespread & Systemic
The Article Which Should Cost Rumsfeld His Job - The roots of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal lie not in the criminal inclinations of a few Army reservists but in a decision, approved last year by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, to expand a highly secret operation, which had been focussed on the hunt for Al Qaeda, to the interrogation of prisoners in Iraq. See... Scoop Link: Seymour M. Hersh - The Gray Zone..
The Avalanche Of Torture Opinion Continues - Meanwhile blogs are running hot with tales of the imminent demise of DefSec Runsfeld and commentators continue to opine furiously. "Seymour Hersh's latest instalment in the New Yorker is earth-shattering:" See... No Right Turn: Somebody's Going To Jail
- Martin LeFevre: Whirling on the Axis of Twin Evils
- Jim Peron: Atrocities And The Mentality Of War
- Mac Deford: Don Rumsfeld and Al Capone
- W. David Jenkins III: Mourning America
- John Chuckman: Sex, Lies, And Videotapes
- Kidd Millennium Cartoon: Secretary Of Offense