STORY OF THE WEEK: Elections In Iraq (Part 1)
STORY OF THE WEEK: Week Ending 4th Feb
Elections In Iraq (1)
Iraqi Election Ballot – Image From State Dept.
Guest Opinion: Iraq's Election -
Analysis - The 30th of January 2005 is a landmark in the
history of Iraq as it is the date of the first Iraqi
elections in half century. This crucial vote is drawing
considerable local, regional and international attention not
for the occurrence of the elections itself but rather for
the heavy consequences they can have. See... Iraqi Elections: Stakes and Aftermath Scenarios
MORE IRAQ COMMENTARY:
-Dahr Jamail's Iraq Dispatches: High Anxiety
- No Right Turn: Disengagement
- William Fisher: Go, Pat, Go!
About To Make NZ Local Govt Elections Look Like A
Spectacular Success - Senior United Nation's officials
considered Iraq's elections on Sunday should not be seen as
"a be-all and end-all," but only one in a series of
important staging posts "along an evolving transition" as
the country emerges from an extremely traumatic chapter in
its history. See…Sunday's election in Iraq not 'be-all and
- UN reviews steps to ensure fairness in Iraqi poll
- State Dept. Daily Press Briefing for January 27
- UN – Iraq Electoral Fact Sheet
- President Holds Press Conference - Jan 26th 2005
The Iraq Election – Scoop Commentary - My
friend from Baquba visited me yesterday. He brought the
usual giant lunch of home cooked food he always brings when
he comes to see me. I’m still eating it, actually. I had it
again for dinner tonight. Ah, the typical Iraqi meal. See...
Dhar Jamail: Here Comes ''The Freedom''
- No Right Turn: F**k Iraq, Part III
- Iraqis To Bush: What Have We Done To Deserve This?
- Iraq Election A Sham: Bring The Troops Home!