20 New Republican Ideas
20 New Republican
Every day some Republican or so-called independent stands up and says something to the effect that Democrats don't have any new ideas. What a load of horse manure. They must think that if they keep saying the same thing over and over again that we'll all believe it even though it isn't true. At the same time they strut around claiming that they are the party of news ideas.
Well … Let's talk about some of those Republican new ideas:
* Denying the existence of global warming against overwhelming scientific evidence.
* Lower fleet fuel efficiency today than 20 years ago.
* Starting wars based on lies and/or distortions (take your pick from imaginary WMDs to mushroom clouds.)
* Political operatives committing immoral, unethical and possibly criminal acts such as revealing ID of CIA agent.
* Outlandish tax cuts for the already rich.
* Budget deficit spending, the largest in history & growing.
* Unrelenting trade deficit that exports jobs & businesses.
* Teaching creationism with an 'unintelligent' design to gut science in public schools.
* Allowing big business to take over the media by willful consolidation & with blackmail treats.
* Giving tax breaks and credits to already rich oil companies.
* Cutting benefits & safety nets for the poor.
* Gutting the new deal.
* Cutting down & over harvesting government-owned & protected forests.
* Drilling in the Alaskan Refuge against public desires.
* Dismissing the Geneva Convention to the destruction of foreign faith in our motives.
* Building walls protecting government secrecy to stifle oversight.
* Holding bills from voting time limits to twist arms of the unwilling until desired vote assured.
* Drowning the future economy in billions of fake, manufactured money.
* Policy of unjustified low interest rates that made spenders instead of savers out of Americans.
* Claiming the judicial system should be threatened with bodily harm & put in its place.
And then there is, of course, trampling on civil rights.
Written by Angie Pratt (