Daily Voting News For March 01, 2008
Daily Voting News For March 01 29, 2008
Bits and Pieces today. As reported here yesterday Sequoia Voting Systems has blamed one or two poll workers in 6 counties for doing something strange at the back of the counties Advantage DREs that would cause the correct ballot to be voted yet would report that ballot as being from a different party. And, that incorrect report is only on one of two internal, redundant memories. It all sounds very wrong to me and it’s probably a good thing this problem may only happen during the primaries when party preference means something.
All but one of Cuyahoga Co Ohio’s ES&S optical scan machines seem to have tested satisfactorily.
Los Angeles Co election officials owe it to the voters to count every ballot possible. They don’t seem to understand that simple premise for some reason.
Tuesday will be another busy day though the news from Rhode Island and Vermont will be pretty slim with not a lot to report. However, Texas and Ohio will more than make up for a lack of news from the other two primary states. We look for a busy week next week....
- NAtional: Pesky Details with Getting a Voting System Correct LINK
- National: March 4 Snapshot: Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, and Vermont LINK
- National: 'Perceived' Problems Part of Reason for National Move to Paper Ballots Says USA TODAY LINK
- California: L.A. County 'Double Bubble' Trouble Gets Worse, as Thousands of 'Remade' Provisional Ballots Set to Go Uncounted as Well, According to Local Activist LINK
- Colorado: Colorado Secretary of State says Garfield County’s voting equipment is OK LINK
- Colorado: Montrose County - State ok’s county voting equipment for now LINK
- Connecticut: Ten Myths About Electronic Voting In Connecticut LINK
- Florida: Farewell to touch-screens LINK
- Indiana: Marion County - GOP says clerk error "disenfranchised" voters LINK
- New Jersey: Makers defend voting booths Tally errors blamed on polling workers LINK
- Ohio: Ohio Election Officials Brace For Record Turn Out For Tuesday's Primary LINK
- Ohio: All eyes will be on Ohio to get Election Day right LINK
- Ohio: Ohio's cost to switch voting method soars LINK
- Ohio: Above-average voter turnout expected for Ohio primary LINK
- Ohio: Absentee record expected LINK
- Ohio: 2 Cuyahoga Co. Vote-Counting Tests Fail, Third Works LINK
- Ohio: Cuyahoga County - One of 15 vote-counting machines in Cuyahoga County fails test LINK
- Ohio: Franklin County - Shake-up to precede primary at Franklin County Board of Elections LINK
- Ohio: Lorraine County - Oberlin College prints phone bills for voter ID LINK
- Texas: Texas's Paperless Votes: Will They Decide the Democratic Nomination? LINK
- Texas: El Paso County - Early voting turnout record-setting, prepping for primary LINK
- Texas: Upshur County - Official faults Upshur GOP in voting flap Party responsible for securing at least one ballot machine LINK
- Vermont: How does your town count your votes? LINK
** "Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or Scoop. **
Executive Director www.votersunite.org