Phil Goff Audio: Today, We Are All Welsh
Labour Leader Phil Goff held his weekly press briefing on Monday afternoon.
Rugby World Cup:
• "I think the Welsh were cheated, but it was a very good match of Rugby."
• Transport failures in Auckland: "The buck's got to stop with the Government." Prime Minister needs to bring parties together and sort it out rather than dodging responsibility.
• Mounting frustration over loss of equity, reinsure problem and land and construction costs.
• Discussion of need to make land available.
The EC's proposed financial transactions
• "Let's have a look and see how they get along."
• Will not be part of Labour's election policy this time.
PM's confirmation New Zealander Mark Taylor is
Al Quaeda suspect:
• "I usually don't talk about issues [the SIS] brief me on.
• "There will in due course be a time" to review Terrorism Suppression Act.
• On removal of Taylor's passport: people are innocent until proven guilty and Taylor has not been charged with any offence. Hasn't looked at the details of the case to see whether this is justified.