Multimedia: Prime Minister's Press Conference - 13 Feb 2012
PM's Press Conference Monday 13 Feb 2012
By The Scoop Team
Click for big version.
- PM briefly outlined elements of the coming Budget Policy Statement release--including the downsizing and reshaping of Government services
- PM placed the emphasis on the use of technology to make Govt. Service provision more efficient
- PM responded to a number of questions on the availability of frontline services and New Zealander's access to online facilities arguing that New Zealanders are early adopters of technology
- PM answered questions regarding the proposed bill to mondayise Waitangi and ANZAC holidays
- PM also discussed possible plans to hire Google to do some of the technical heavy lifting in providing access to the public to government services online
- PM discussed the launch of the MMP Review, stating that any recommendations made by the Review Commission would still need to be debated by Cabinet
- PM briefly discussed the education policy as it relates to class sizes and quality of education
- PM satisfied with progress on the Christchurch, saying the "this is the fourth largest insurance claim in the world since 1973" and he remains confident in the rate of rebuild
- PM said that he had been briefed by the Health Minister on the flu alert at Auckland airport and had been informed that it was a seasonal flu, not a new virus
- Scoop Video (31 Minutes): Youtube Video on demand of Prime Minister John Key's press conference today.
Prime Minister's Press Conference - Video
- Scoop Image:More images from today's PM's press conference.