30/7/12 Prime Minister John Key says
the new and innovative central city design unveiled in
Christchurch is an exciting next step in the rebuild and
recovery of New Zealand’s second-largest city.
Christchurch CBD Rebuild Blueprint Unveiled
30/7/12 Prime Minister John Key says the new and innovative central city design unveiled in Christchurch is an exciting next step in the rebuild and recovery of New Zealand’s second-largest city.
Today’s announcement marks the completion of the Christchurch Central Development Unit’s work over the past 100 days, which culminated in the Recovery Plan being released today after being approved by Cabinet.
Mr Key says the redevelopment and rebuild of Christchurch is important not just for residents and businesses, but to the rest of the country. More>>
- Image via Christchurch Central Development Unit - Central City Recovery Plan
- NZ Govt - Discussion to begin on securing city land - New unit will facilitate CBD investment - Investors encouraged to back Christchurch - Impressive projects anchor a compact, green city
- Labour - Christchurch Central Recovery Plan must be properly costed
- Greens - Current assets shouldn’t be sold to fund new ones - Green Party welcomes ‘frame’ concept for Christchurch
- Christchurch City Council - Striking a balance between investment and community
- CERA - CERA Community Forum Backs the Vision
- Christchurch and Canterbury Tourism - Tourism industry welcomes convention centre plan - Blueprint for Christchurch 'bold and innovative'
- University of Canterbury - University of Canterbury welcomes Central City Plan
- Christchurch International Airport - Christchurch Central Recovery Plan
- Canterbury DHB - CDHB Response To CCDU Announcements
- Business NZ - Business must be involved in Christchurch CBD development
- Libertarianz Party - Nanny State Rules In Christchurch
- ANZ Bank - Christchurch Central Recovery Plan Welcomed
- Court Theatre - Court Theatre and Wider Arts Sector Key Component of New CBD
- Freerange Press - Another City Plan For Christchurch?
- Leighs Construction Ltd - Blueprint - a giant step forward - Anthony Leighs
- SOC - Much to like but who’s paying for the half billion$ stadium?
- SBS Bank - SBS Bank committed to returning to Christchurch’s CBD
- Property Council Of NZ - Kudos for investment-focused Recovery Plan for Christchurch
- Quake Outcasts - Quake Outcasts Rallying Ordinary Citizens for Support
- Risk Worldwide - Not all doom and gloom for Central City property owners
- Westland Milk Products - Top 100 company welcomes Christchurch CBD blueprint
- TV3 Video - Christchurch residents fight to keep property from Government - Government land grab a worry for Christchurch landowners - CGI video of new Christchurch CBD (VIDEO) - Who will pay for the new Christchurch CBD? - Brownlee talks about shrinking the ChCh CBD - Key talks about Christchurch's new CBD - Westpac ready for return to Christchurch CBD - Vision for Christchurch welcomed - Christchurch residents want focus on suburbs - Gerry Brownlee cautiously optimistic - Business Association excited about Christchurch plans - The inside story on plans for Christchurch - John Key on plans for Christchurch - CTV engineer blames shaking, not design - Homeowners wait with bated-breath for new rates - The new-look Christchurch CBD unveiled - Christchurch's new recreation centre plans unveiled
- Out-Link - Christchurch: Is "quite good" good enough? • Hard News • Public Address
- Out-Link - New Christchurch convention center will contain sports stadium which will contain convention center « The Dim-Post
- Out-Link - Offsetting Behaviour: Poison pill