Australia Spills US Classified Information
Australia Spills US Classified Information
Whether or not the Howard government made a mutual assistance request to the United States, with respect to Schapelle Corby, is classified information. It is a classified secret of the CIA, endorsed by the White House.
But they did.
The Expendable Project has obtained the proof, and has published it today. Furthermore, this wasn't about Indonesia: the request stemmed from the CDPP and not from DFAT. It was about Australian airports, which were basically being run by criminal gangs (three years post 9/11).
The Expendable Project has also obtained an un-redacted copy of an affidavit from the head of the Australian intelligence agencies, Dr Vivienne Thom. She states, with respect to a document currently being withheld by the Australian Federal Police, that its disclosure to Schapelle Corby, under Freedom of Information legislation, would risk the future "flow of intelligence and threat warnings" to Australia, which could adversely "impact on the ability of the Australian agencies to warn the Australian government of potential threats to Australian national security".
This all begs a number of serious questions, not least of which is what 'assistance' the CIA actually provided to the Australian government.
Did the CIA advise Australia to sacrifice the life of a citizen they knew to be innocent? Did they tell them that the airport security issues had to take priority? Or did they attempt to temper the self interest response of the Australians, in seeking to hide internal corruption?
Did CIA input encourage Australian politicians, who demonstrably embarked upon a course which included the suppressing of evidential proof of her innocence, the misleading parliament, and the orchestrating its media (see the list below)?
Please read the full story,
and see the actual documentation for yourself,
25 PROVEN BUT UNREPORTED FACTS ON THE SCHAPELLE CORBY CASE
1. Schapelle Corby's boogie-board bag was the only one not scanned at Sydney Airport: it was diverted past the scanner by baggage staff. Customs Minister Ellison withheld this vital information, even when Schapelle Corby’s lawyer asked directly about scanning. [Transit Report]
2. This information was also hidden from Parliament, when direct questions were asked, and critically, it was withheld from the Bali court. John Howard, and his friend, Head of Sydney Airport Corporation Ltd, Max Moore-Wilton, also kept quiet about it, when they both knew. [Transit Report]
3. The AFP never investigated the reason for this missing screening data, and AFP Commissioner Keelty, who also knew, never commented upon it. [Transit Report]
4. Schapelle Corby’s bags were subsequently found to be 5kg overweight on the Qantas system, when she had checked her bags in, underweight, without any excess charge ($175). [Transit Report]
5. Again, neither Schapelle Corby, nor the Bali court, were ever provided with this critical information. [Supplementary Report]
6. Two weeks before the verdict, AFP Commissioner Keelty told the media that there was no evidence of airport drug syndicates using innocent passengers, when this was clearly, demonstrably, and utterly, false. The AFP had held the Kessing Reports for months, and it withheld a host of other vital support evidence, which proved the long term and systemic nature of such syndication at Sydney Airport. [Transit Report]
7. The AFP and DFAT demonstrably evaded the forensic and DNA tests which Schapelle Corby begged for. [Mutual Evasion Report]
8. The AFP also told Parliament that it couldn't perform marijuana pollen tests, when it could, and indeed, had originally offered to perform them for the INP. It also refused the services of a forensics expert, who had volunteered to perform them. [Mutual Evasion Report]
9. Ellison subsequently told a clearly false story about marijuana testing, in a letter to a constituent. [Mutual Evasion Report]
10. DFAT did not invoke the MACMA treaty to obtain the sample of marijuana which Schapelle Corby begged them for, when it could have done so within the provisions of the treaty itself. [Mutual Evasion Report]
11. The AFP and Qantas provided wholly contradictory stories about the missing CCTV footage, which Schapelle Corby pleaded for. [Transit Report]
12. Foreign Minister Downer, and Prime Minister Howard, publicly endorsed the original Bali trial, when they were well aware of the multitude of legal and human rights abuses committed throughout. [Bali Trial Report]
13. Ellison publicly endorsed the burning of the evidence, when Schapelle Corby pleaded for it to be preserved. [Mutual Evasion Report]
14. DFAT have, de facto, endorsed and suppressed the ongoing documented abuses of a mentally ill Australian citizen for eight years. [Health Report]
15. ACLEI, when forced to examine the AFP's role in the affair, was directly and demonstrably complicit with an AFP officer, in producing a report which was an utter embarrassment to all parties. A functionary, who was at the heart of the Howard regime when the AFP abuses occurred, was allowed to rubber stamp ACLEI's complicit rubber stamp. [Whitewash Report]
16. The government forced an Australian QC, Mark Trowell, on to Schapelle Corby. He then decimated her appeal by attacking her defence team to the media. When he subsequently admitted that he was working for the government, and not for Schapelle Corby, the government hid, refusing to comment. The precise role of Justice & Customs Minister Ellison, Trowell’s long term friend, in this affair, has never been explained. [Insider Report]
17. Downer and Howard publicly called a standard flour hoax a “biological agent” and a “murderous attack”, when there was no evidence whatsoever to suggest that it wasn’t flour. Neither of them said that the note included with the flour didn't even mention Schapelle Corby, and was even written in Bahasa, when they promptly blamed it on her supporters [PowderGate Report]
18. Ellison did not alert the parties necessary to prevent the false (but support-wrecking) story from circulating around the world, when he was informed of the benign nature of the flour, by email, at 6:35pm on the same day [PowderGate Report]
19. The government seized Schapelle Corby's book royalties, when she was still in legal process in Indonesia, when it knew that this would signal 'guilt' to Jakarta. It brought the Australian judiciary itself into disrepute, by illegally extending its jurisdiction outside Australia, and holding secret trials, at which Schapelle Corby was not even represented [Political Seizure Report]
20. The government thus denied her the funds for another appeal, and for medicine, even though it was well aware of the nature of the Bali trial, and of the vital primary evidence which it had, itself, wilfully withheld [Political Seizure Report]
21. The dozens of breaches of the Freedom of Information Act, with respect to requests made on behalf of Schapelle Corby, for information held on herself, remain totally un-addressed [FOI Abuse Report]
22. The AFP suppressed a secret recording of two known criminals discussing the collection of marijuana from Sydney Airport on the same day that Schapelle Corby flew to Bali [Candidate Sources Report]
23. The Commonwealth Ombudsman has supported the government with respect to every complaint ever lodged relating to Schapelle Corby. The same applies to every other quango presented as a watchdog to the public. [Quango Report]
24. Serious broadcasting media abuses, including criminal matters, which were submitted to the government in 2011, were excluded from the Finkelstein media inquiry. Compelling evidence of political interference with respect to the ABC, and evidential proof of subsequent editorial and reporting abuses, continue to be ignored. [Media Reports]
25. The current Attorney-General has
refused to accept a formal Crime Report, including a 450
page evidential Addendum, which documents serious breaches
of the law by politicians and the AFP [Crime Report].