Scoop is delighted to have been asked to coordinate the official "Virtual Hustings Meeting" for the 2013, inaugural, Labour Leadership election.
Starting Tuesday this week we have posted 14 questions with candidate's answers on both Scoop.co.nz and the Labour Party Caucus Blog "Red Alert". The questions were chosen from nearly 200 questions submitted by eligible voters in the race.
By following the links below the general voting public are encouraged to engage directly with the leadership hopefuls in an online discussion at Red Alert. More>>
- Alastair Thompson, Scoop Editor
• Environment : What are your views on a clean green NZ?
• Poverty : How would you ensure no one needs to live in poverty?
• TPPA : Will you make the TPPA process transparent?
• Equal pay : What would you do about gender pay discrimination?
• Peoples : How would bring Maori & Pakeha into a multi-ethnic future?
• Justice : What is your view of the New Zealand justice system?
• Disability Issues : Would you create a Ministry for Disability?
• Voter turnout : How do we motivate more people to vote?
• Economy : How can we convince voters Labour’s economic policy will work?
• Older New Zealanders : How would you advocate for older New Zealanders?
• Party Leadership : What Labour values drive your work for New Zealand?
• Party Unity : How would you unite the party as a whole?
• Experience : What have you learned from failure & how would you apply it?
• Winning : Why are you the one to take on and beat John Key?