Scoop offering 2 million “Ads For Good” this election year
We are launching an exciting new community incentive as part of Scoop’s ‘Opening the Election’ crowdfunding campaign by offering 2 million free ads on Scoop to worthy causes.
We know how hard it is for small community based campaigns to make an impression and get their message heard in an election year so we want to help amplify their voices. The ‘Opening the Election’ project is all about involving more people in the political and media debate by creating more open and transparent politics.
When we reach our PledgeMe target of $30k, Scoop will give away 2 million banner adverts on Scoop.co.nz to deserving election related advertising campaigns to be delivered between May 1st and September’s election day. The value of the adverts to be given away is roughly equal to the funding target for this PledgeMe campaign.
With over 500,000 users reading Scoop each month, this platform can provide valuable exposure for these worthy independent causes. As Scoop does not run performance based networked advertising our advertising response rates are unusually high.
Please help us meet the funding target so we
can unlock this valuable community reward.
You can support us by:
1 Pledging on our ‘Opening the Election’ campaign here; and
2 Spreading the word about the campaign by signing on to our social media flashmob via thunderclap here
Click here now and help support Scoop's campaign
How it will work
1. During the month of April we will
advertise for organisations and causes to apply. We will
publish a list of these as they are received and granted
initial approval to participate;
2. When we meet the full target of $30,000 pledges - we will release 2 million adverts to be shared by deserving & eligible campaigns.
3. At the completion of the “Opening the Election” PledgeMe campaign, all pledgers will be invited to participate in a survey to decide which campaigns should receive the “Ads for Good” advertising on Scoop. The results of the survey will be published.
4. There will be enough advertising available for at least six causes to receive a significant level of exposure.
5. Successful campaigns/causes will have to provide compliant advertising creative - we will be happy to advise and help with this (this is not difficult). All adverts will be stamped with a discrete “Ads for Good” logo in the bottom right corner.
6. Successful campaigns will also be able to promote their campaigns through Scoop by submitting content.
[Value of the adverts to be given away: Were Scoop to sell the adverts we are offering in this promo, we would be looking to receive between $20k and $40 for them - based on a $10-$20 CPM sale price.]
Note the first half a million adverts will be provided even if the final goal is not reached.
Participants will be added to the list on this page as they are confirmed.
Will your organisation or cause join us in this effort?
If you are part of or know of an organisation that could benefit from this offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and we will be in touch soon.
Below are some additional notes about the advertising we are offering for prospective campaign applicants:
• Advertising units
will all be rectangular (300x250 pixel aspect ratio) and
served in both the desktop and mobile versions of the
• Advertising can be geo-targeted on a regional basis (but doing so will limit available volumes - 40% of Scoop’s readership is in Auckland and 25% in Wellington);
• Scoop’s readership is out-going, optimistic, technically savvy, politically astute and includes politicians, media and business leaders (find out more here );
Suggested and approved uses include:
a. issue/policy based campaigns;
b. get out the vote initiatives;
c. recruiting campaign volunteers;
d. fund-raising activities (like movie screenings & concerts - or PledgeMe campaigns);
e. advertising public meetings.
Political parties will not be eligible to receive adverts under this give-away;
Campaigns must meet the criteria to be an ‘ads for good’ participant - these criteria are presently being considered by Scoop;