PAKISTAN MILITARY COUP - FULL COVERAGE
- Pakistan Coup Leader’s Statement - The Pakistani military commander General Parvaiz Musharraf has just addressed the Pakistani people via a live television and radio address explaining the circumstances behind this mornings coup. The address was carried live on International television. See... Pakistan’s Commander In Chief Addresses The Nation in the Headlines wire. For more coverage see further below...
- Situation In Pakistan Calm - Reports from Pakistan this morning indicate the situation is calm. Pakistan is around 6 hours behind New Zealand meaning it is presently early morning.
- White House Briefing On Pakistan Coup - MR. LOCKHART: "Well, we know from our embassy there and from other sources that, clearly, there's a political crisis unfolding. We are trying to ascertain hard and certain information as we speak. This is, obviously, a fluid situation." See… White House Briefing On Pakistan Coup in the General wire.
- TRANSCRIPT: BBC Profile Of Pakistan Coup Leader - Little is known about General Pervez Musharraf - but he was one of the most significant players in the recent Kashmir crisis. See… TRANSCRIPT: BBC Profile Of Pakistan Coup Leader in the Headlines wire.
- McKinnon Says Coup “Very Worrying” - Foreign Minister Don McKinnon said the military takeover of the Government in Pakistan is very worrying. See… Coup Step Backwards For Democracy In Pakistan in the Parliament wire.
- US State Department Briefing On Pakistan Crisis – See… US State Department Briefing On Pakistan Crisis in the General wire.
- Pakistani PM Unpopular Before Coup - The military coup in Pakistan comes at a time of rising unpopularity of its Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif. John Howard reports. See… Pakistan Prime Minister Unpopular in the Headlines wire.
- What Is Going On? Scoop Has The Answers - Scoop posted the following questions on an internet news forum… Shahid Mahmud.. firstname.lastname@example.org.. has kindly replied. See... Scoop Q & A: Pakistan Coup in the Headlines wire.
- Scoop Online: Coup As Reported On The Net… - THOUSANDS OF FAMILIES ARE REACHING TO AZIAABAD 90 TO LISTEN SOMETHING NEW . BUT THERE IS SILENCE FROM OFFICIALS BUT SLOGANS AGAINST THE GOVERMENT AND IN FEVER OF ALTAF HUSSAIN CAN LISTEN See... Messages From Pakistan... in the Headlines wire.
- Nawaz Sharif Not Particularly Well Liked - The military coup in Pakistan comes at a time of rising unpopularity of its Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif. John Howard reports. See... Pakistan Prime Minister Unpopular in the Headlines wire.