Scoop Today - Scoop's Hiding To Nothing
At the beginning of the final week of the campaign Scoop throws caution to the wind and predicts the outcome to Saturday's general election.....read on inside...
New Billboard - The Alliance Get Heavy in Wellington Central
Scoop’s Hiding to Nothing Election Predictions
- Well with a week to go Scoop’s Jonathan Hill and Alastair Thompson put their pride on the line and have a guess at the election outcome. A hiding to nothing we know, with the chances of embarrassment high, but such is the competitive nature of this organisation… See... ELECTION 1999: Jonathan Hill's Election Prediction  and ELECTION 1999: Alastair Thompson’s Predictions  in the Headlines wire.
280 000 Have Until Friday to Enrol to Vote
- Some 280,000 eligible electors have until this Friday 26 November to enrol to vote in the general election. See... Poll Enrolments Close Friday – Urgent Reminder  in the Politics wire.
Will Petrol Prices Continue On The Up?
- Be prepared for steeper petrol prices, already up 25 percent this year, before Christmas. Higher inflation, fuel surcharges on plane tickets, and higher costs for products ranging from plastic goods to higher transport costs are predicted. John Howard reports.See... Will Petrol Prices Continue On The Up And Up?  in the Headlines wire.
Undercover Cops Recognised
- Undercover cop show LAWLESS dominates drama awards - Lifetime Achievement Award for Selwyn Toogood - Liz Gunn Best Presenter. For the full list of winners see…... The TV Guide New Zealand TV Awards - Results  in the General wire.
South Australia Launches Y2K Contingency
- With just 39 days to go before the new Millennium, South Australia is one of the first State's to announce its contingency plans in case computers cause disruptions. John Howard reports. See... Y2k – South Australia Announces Contingency Plans  in the Headlines wire.
NZ Elections Should Also Be Monitored
- New Zealand loves nothing better than to certify other countries' election ballots as ‘free and fair’ so there can hardly be any principled objection to a delegation of monitors, from democratic nations, taking up position, pen in hand, for our looming election. Johmn Howard reports. See... Scoop Column: UN Monitors Need For NZ Election Too  in the Headlines wire.
HARD NEWS: MMP and More Moral Panic
- GOOD DAY MEDIAPHILES ... trust the Tories, eh? Put them under pressure and they try and manufacture a moral crisis. There's been Ecstasy, there's been Home Invasions - and this week it's drugs and terrorism with the Green Party. See... HARD NEWS 19/11/99 - MMP = More Moral Panic  in the Headlines wire.
World Leaders Meet on Third Millennium
- Leaders from Brazil, Britain, France, Germany, Italy and the United States, met over the weekend in Florence last weekend to challenge each other over how best to reform their societies for the third millennium. John Howard reports. See... World Leaders Meet To Discuss The Third Millennium  in the Headlines wire.
AMERICAS CUP HEADLINES
Image Courtesy of Prada Press.
Americas Cup: Three Great Matches End RR2:
Round Robin Two of the Louis Vuitton Cup finished with a flourish on Saturday. Three matches, rescheduled from Race Six, were sailed today. The matches were outstanding - all at one point featured good close match racing by teams fighting for precious points. See… Three Great Matches End RR2  in the Auckland wire.
Americas Cup - Prada Leads Table As RR2 Ends:
Round Robin two of the Louis Vuitton Cup Challenger Selection Series ended after three previously cancelled matches were re-sailed from Race 6 of 14 November. Team Prada's yacht Luna Rossa completed the Round Robin yesterday with a total of 46 points. See… Prada Leads Table As RR2 Ends  in the Auckland wire.
The Carter Columns:
A Left Pre-Election Viewpoint: I'm going to make a fairly safe prediction here. In a week from today, Helen Clark will be the Prime Minister of New Zealand - or will be pretty damned close. I say this based on the four latest polls... See… A Left Pre-Election Viewpoint  in the Auckland wire.
CAMPAIGN 1999 SCOOPS
Concern Over Voter Confusion With MMP
- Labour MP Lianne Dalziel is concerned that confusion is still prevalent about MMP less than a week out from polling day. See... MP concerned by MMP confusion  in the Parliament wire.
Government Announce Flood Aid Package
- Two hundred Task Force Green workers will be sent immediately to help clean up after the floods in Otago and Southland, Prime Minister Jenny Shipley said. See... Flood Support Package Announced  in the Parliament wire.
Delamere Lashed Out At NZ Herald’s Reporting Standards
- Immigration Minister, Hon Tuariki Delamere, has strongly attacked the reporting standards of the country's largest newspaper. See... Immigration Minister slams New Zealand Herald  in the Parliament wire.
Grey Power Say Time To Change Government
- Grey Power is urging all generations entitled to vote to put social concern back into government. See... Grey Power NZ Says Time To Change Government  in the Politics wire.
Alliance Launch Solution To Auckland Traffic Chaos
- Hope for Auckland's chronic transport problems... The Alliance says it will create a development bank for Auckland in the hands of the democratically- elected Auckland Regional Council. See... How to solve Auckland's transport problems  in the Parliament wire.
Greens To Distribute Own Booklet To Coromandel
- The majority of Coromandel voters will be hand-delivered MP Jeanette Fitzsimons' manifesto in the week leading up to the election. This follows a controversial leaflet drop by National in the seat. See... Jeanette's record, and pledges, in manifesto  in the Parliament wire.
Upton On Line Complains About Crossfire
- Last night's Crossfire on TVNZ with the Prime Minister delivered us yet again the familiar image of Mrs Shipley fighting valiantly under the constant attention of two Bren guns rat, tat, tatting away. See... Upton On Line - A lesson from history  in the Parliament wire.
Pay Your Bills On Line
- Tired of paying bills by cheque? Want more control over when and where you pay your bills? ‘Arc ebill’, New Zealand’s first Internet-based electronic billing and payment service will be launched by New Zealand Post at midday today at www.arc.net.nz/ See... NZ Post’s On-Line Billing And Payment Service  in the Business wire.
National’s Scare Tactics Last Resort – Labour
- “National's smear and fear tactics are the last resort of the desperate and are doomed to backfire,” Labour campaign spokesperson Pete Hodgson says. See... Scare tactics last resort of the desperate  in the Parliament wire.
WEEKEND NEWS FROM THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL
Labour: Helen Clark - See... Helen Clark on the 1st 100 days of a Labour Govt  Michael Cullen – See.. Vote Labour for economic pragmatism  Trevor Mallard - See... "Lost children" still an issue 
Jenny Shipley - See... Clinton Thanks NZ For Help On Settling UN Arrears  Lockwood Smith - See... Record Visitor Arrivals For Third Straight Month  Bill English - See... Nothing fair about Labour's plans  Bill English - See... Clark being dishonest with New Zealand  Lockwood Smith - See... WTO Panel To Rule On Us Trade Restrictions On Lamb 
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9911/S00489.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9911/S00481.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9911/S00491.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9911/S00483.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9911/S00482.htm
Rod Donald - See... "Solid gold" super bonus for Lotto staff must go 
Richard Prebble - See... The Real Cost of Red Tape  Richard Prebble - See... Getting Government Off the Backs Of Business  Gerry Eckhoff - ACT calls for Government Assistance for Alexandra. 
Jim Anderton - See... Still party vote confusion, Anderton says  Jim Anderton - See... Govt has to step in with help for South Isld flood 
Libertarianz - Sell the Parks!  , Reminder to Gun Owners  , Biosecurity Bureaucracy Banished  , Protecting Property Owners AND the Environment  , Planes, Trains & Automobiles  and Dump the RMA Excrement  Blue Greens - Bluegreens: Which Grass For Coromandel?  Natural Law - Natural Law Party On Education 
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9911/S00484.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO9911/S00132.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO9911/S00129.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO9911/S00128.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO9911/S00126.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO9911/S00125.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO9911/S00131.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO9911/S00130.htm