Scoop Today - The Big Chill
Top Scoops only today...
THE BIG CHILL
TOP SCOOPS ONLY TODAY
Scoop Column: Wellington Weather Report
- Where is the elation? Scoop is not having a good week. The weather is crap. If this is the weather we get under a Labour government then they are in for a short stay. Alastair Thompson reports. See... Scoop Column: Wellington Weather Report  in the Headlines wire.
Who Has Copyright To The Election Results?
- The strange tale of the election night graphic. Scoop replies and says it is not, “vicious”, as has been alleged today elsewhere in the media. See... Who Has Copyright To The Election Results?  in the Headlines wire.
Irish Eyes: Peace The Weather And The WTO
- On an historic day for the island of Ireland Greg Meylan looks at what this might mean for the stability of the weather, world trade and explains the processes involved in great detail, before heading off in another direction. See... Irish Eyes: Peace The Weather And The WTO  in the Headlines wire.
ROGER AWARDS: And The Finalists Are….
- The seven finalists in the annual Roger Awards for the Worst Transnational Corporation are: News Ltd, which owns the INL media chain (a previous runner up); WestpacTrust; Tranz Rail; Monsanto (both previous winners); Telecom; Waste Management and TransAlta. See... 1999 Roger Award Finalists  in the Business wire.
Yeltsin Hospitalised With Suspected Pneumonia
- Russian President Boris Yeltsin is back in hospital for a week after doctors suspected he may have pneumonia. See... Yeltsin Sick Again  in the Headlines wire.
Lange Reveals Alcoholism At Launch of Mental Health Conference
- The Rt Hon David launched a new book - A Gift of Stories: Discovering how to deal with mental illness at the mental health Realising Recovery conference in Wellington on 29 November. He also revealed that he suffers from alcoholism and attends AA meetings. See... Mental Health Commission Presents Stories  . Also see... National Mental Health Conference  . Both in the General wire. The book was published by Otago University Press and we will bring you more information on that shortly.
Harvey’s Browneye - The best kept secret of the election campaign
- The labour Party has apologised to a West Auckland family after party president Bob Harvey lowered his pants and abused a man in public. See... The best kept secret of the election campaign  in the Headlines wire. In developing news Helen Clark has said Harvey has her confidence - if he keeps his clothes on.
On Line Sex Comes To New Zealand
- Just when you thought the full-page glossy ad for a Wellington strip bar in the Yellow Pages took the cake, the seedy side of the internet has now infiltrated godzone. See... On Line Sex Comes To New Zealand  in the Headlines wire.
Hunger Strikers Set To Be Freed
– The 16 asylum seekers that have been hunger striking over their imprisonment in Mount Eden prison are to be released. A High Court judgment has told the immigration service to revue the decision and the decision is being a victory for human rights. The immigration service are considering appealing the decision. See... Hunger Strike Broken  and Breath Of Fresh Air For Asylum Seekers And Kiwis  in the Auckland wire.
Australia Braces Itself for Kiwi Exodus
- Not. Australia's 400,000 Kiwis are unlikely to heed the new Government's call to return to rebuild NZ's shattered economy. Based on the 1996 result, only 2% of us voted in the General Election, even though the majority would still be eligible to vote. Scoop's Simon Orme writes from Sydney. See... See... Australia Braces Itself for Kiwi Exodus  in the wire. in the Headlines wire.
Greens issue challenge to incoming government
- In or out of Parliament, the Green Party intends to be the watchdog of the new government said co-leaders Jeanette Fitzsimons and Rod Donald. See... Greens issue challenge to incoming government  in the Politics wire.