The election counting drama continues with breaking news that vote papers have gone missing! Millennium Twain seeks Strato-Tanker and Russian War Crimes... Scoop has it all!
Millennium Twain Needs A Strato-Tanker!
Election Result May Be Delayed Further - Ballot Papers Missing
- In breaking news this afternoon it has been revealed that ballot papers from the most marginal seat in the recent general election - Rangitikei - have gone missing! Scoop will cover the story as it develops. At this stage a special vote result is expected for Coromandel tonight but the final special vote tally for the party vote is unlikely to be announced till later in the week.
Desperately Seeking Stratotanker
- Millennium Twain - yes that is his name - the founder of NZ's first rocket company has an unusual request. Can you help? Alastair Thompson writes. See... Desperately Seeking Stratotanker  in the Headlines wire.
Scoop Editorial: Massive War Crime Threatened In Grozny
- In the last four weeks of the 20st century, not to mention the millennium, the world is on the verge of experiencing the effects of a new generation of horrific weapons systems. See... Editorial: Massive War Crime Threatened In Grozny  in the Headlines wire.
Specials Deadline Today - Election Not Over Yet
- Today (Tuesday) 7pm is the deadline for all special votes to be returned for counting with results known no later than Thursday. It is possible we may know the outcome in the Coromandel today. Jonathan Hill reports. See... Specials Deadline Today - Election Not Over Yet  in the Headlines wire.
Kosovo’s All Women Demining Squad
- She is just 21, a civilian, and she spends eight hours a day kneeling on the now freezing ground in Kosovo clearing mines so that children will be safe. Her name is Mimosa Vilesi and she is part of the world's first all-women demining squad. John Howard reports. See... Kosovo’s All Women Demining Squad  in the Headlines wire.
Americas Cup Latest
Americas Cup - Prada Loses For Second Time: AmericaOne has beaten Americas Cup leading challenger Luna Rossa ITA48 after a controversial penalty was dished out to Luna Rossa after it hit AmericaOne's transom with its bow. PLUS: here are the latest points, race tables, and schedules. See... Prada Loses For Second Time at the  Americas Cup front page.
SCOOP COLUMN - On The Left
- This week Jordan Carter expresses his personal reflections of a centre-left election win. See... On The Left  in the Auckland wire.
Believe it or Not – Lomu Aftershave For X-Mas
- The best known rugby player in the world is about to begin a new career - as an aftershave designer. See... Rebel Sport Have Jonah's Number  in the Business wire.
Advantage End Relationship With EFTPOS – Citing Breach of Contract
- Advantage Group Limited (NZSE: ADV) today terminated its relationship with distributor EFTPOS New Zealand, citing substantial breaches of the distribution agreement and ongoing software piracy. See... Advantage Terminates Terminal Distributor  in the Business wire.
Corrected CPI Figures After Stats Error
- Government Statistician Len Cook today stated that the CPI for the September 1999 quarter, released on 29 October 1999, has been revised. The consumer price increase in that quarter is now 0.4 per cent, rather than the 0.6 per cent initially published. See... Revised Consumers Price Index - Post Error  in the Business wire. See also... Apology over mistake not good enough - English  in the Parliament wire.
Dentists Convicted Under radiation Protection Act
- Two Wanganui dentists have been convicted of breaching the Radiation Protection Act. The Ministry of Health prosecuted the two dentists after they used x-ray machines without holding the appropriate licences. See... Ministry Takes Action Against Non-Licence Holders  in the General wire.
AXA NZ Makes Good profit
- Solid business growth in key areas coupled with a significant reduction in costs resulted in AXA New Zealand having a successful year, making an improved contribution to the financial results of publicly listed National Mutual Holdings Limited. See... Full Year Financial Results Big Year For Axa NZ  in the Business wire.
Prebble Letter To Helen Clark: Concern Over Coalition Agreement
- I have carefully read the coalition agreement between Labour and the Alliance. On the face of the document I note there is no agreement by the Alliance to support the coalition on questions of confidence and supply. See... Prebble Letter To Helen Clark  in the Parliament wire.
MOH Guidelines Promote Safer Dance Parties
- Organisers and promoters of dance parties now have a set of guidelines to help them meet their health and safety responsibilities following the launch of the document Guidelines for Safe Dance Parties. See... Guidelines Promote Safer Dance Parties  in the General wire.
McGillicuddy Serious Announces Deregistration
- The McGillicuddy Serious Party today announced it's imminent deregistration as a political party, and total internal dissolution. The party failed to take the cross benches with a total majority, as had been prophesied to party faithful. See... McGillicuddy Serious Announces Deregistration  in the Politics wire.
PSA IRD Workers Strike Today Over Contracts
- PSA members at Inland Revenue will stop work across the country today (Tuesday, December 7) and hold lunchtime rallies as their campaign for a collective contract intensifies. See... Tax workers push for new contract  in the Politics wire.
Reaction To Coalition Signing
- It was the same room where three years ago Jim Bolger and Winston Peters did the same thing. The same jokes were made about pens not working. So says Upton On Line. See... Upton On Collective Responsibility  . United’s Peter Dunne has offered his congratulations. See… United Congratulates Labour And Alliance  . ACT Leader Richard Prebble described the Labour/Alliance Coalition Agreement as vague and meaningless. See... Labour/Alliance Coalition Agreement Meaningless  . ACT Finance Spokesman Rodney Hide said the Labour/Alliance Coalition's lack of agreement on a spending cap for government over the next three years was very disappointing. See... Coalition's Lack of Fiscal Parameters Disappoints  . All in the Parliament wire.
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9912/S00024.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9912/S00023.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9912/S00025.htm
 - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA9912/S00026.htm