TV1 6pm News (first segment)
1. TRAPPED - An amazing tale of survival. A 58 year old man was trapped under a tractor for five days in an isolated area near Lake Coleridge before he was rescued. Medics say it is amazing the tough man survived. He is now in hospital and may lose his leg.
2. ROBBERS - Police have stepped up a search for a gang of bank robbers in Auckland. A number of homes of associates were made and a number of arrests were made.
3. DOONE - Labour has been accused of inconsistency by National over the deal done with Peter Doone over his retirement. Jenny Shipley says the deal is a golden handshake by a different name. Helen Clark says Doone is working out his notice.
4. DOONE - The rookie cop at the centre of the Doone incident is not talking to the media. Doone says he hold no grudges and wished him well.
5. CANNABIS - The Speaker has cleared two people accused of smoking cannabis in Parliament. Hunt says there is no evidence, but he is upset at their behaviour and is clamping down on rules about parties in Parliament. MP Gerry Brownlee who made the accusation is sticking to his story.
6. STORM - A powerful winder storm has brought much of America's east coast to a standstill.
7. YACHT RACING - The weather
was good for America's Cup racing on the Hauraki Gulf. The
event has brought millions of dollars to Auckland many of
the visitors are New Zealanders from outside the city.