Fiji Coup - Milk Obsessed - Jeff Wilson - Team New Zealand - Inside Political Headlines - Editorial Section: Arts, Dollar and George Who?
FIJI COUP: The Dominion leads with a report that Fijian coup attempt leader George Speight denied last night that he had threatened to execute his hostages one by one. The front-page is dominated by a picture of armed men standing outside the Suva Parliament.
Also on the front page:
- MILK OBSESSED: a report that a man with an apparent craving for calcium was arrested yesterday after his penchant for the white stuff drove him to make off with a milk truck;
- JEFF WILSON: a report that Rugby Union officials were hopeful last night that one of the game's greatest players, Jeff Wilson, would eventually return despite his shock decision to take an indefinite break;
- TEAM NEW ZEALAND: a report that the new Team New Zealand is relying on a pile of contract offers on the table this week to stop the flow of crew losses to rival America's Cup syndicates.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Government struggles to harness the power of
- PM rules out military role in Fiji;
- NZ "played big role" at meeting to dump nuclear weapons;
- Business as usual for NZ judges in Suva;
- Kiwis escape gas blast at resort;
- Youngsters taste of power in Parliament;
- Breach of privacy costs IRD $5000 in damages.
- Editorial rebuilding our
- Craig Howie on the falling dollar;
- George Who? - a profile of George Speight