Mark Todd – All Blacks – Executive Salaries – Goldie Theft – Baby Bashing – Sunny Wellington – Political Headlines – Editorial: ERB
MARK TODD: The Dominion leads today with a report that Equestrian star Mark Todd must deny allegations of cocaine use or be dropped from the Olympic team, Deputy PM Jim Anderton said yesterday.
ALL BLACKS: The front-page photo shows an All Black fan painted black and another who is not painted black. The report talks about rising Wellington Bledisloe Cup hype.
Also on the front page:
- EXECUTIVE SALARIES: a report that size is winning over performance in setting executive salaries;
- GOLDIE THEFT: a report into the theft in Auckland of a Goldie painting from Auckland museum;
- BABY BASHING: a report that doctors are expected to know later today if a critically ill Northland toddler will survive after her life support system is turned off;
- SUNNY WELLINGTON: a report that Wellington had more sunshine hours than anywhere else in NZ in July.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Labour Law
changes only cosmetic says Opposition;
- Flat tax would lift economy, say tax experts;
- Government cannot afford ACC election promise;
- Consultant bill raises National MP’s ire;
- Samules airs his previous convictions list;
- PM and Chaudhry expected to meet.
ERB – A Dangerous